“Quiet place for lunch meetings. Good Greek food.”
Review of Green Olive

Green Olive
Ranked #173 of 1,080 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Good restaurant for meetings and discussions. Usually not crowded. Easy parking in the area. Good for quick meal before or after downtown or USC events. Unpretentious. Menu is not large but should accommodate everyone. Average size portions. Not romantic, but relatively private.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I've been here 5 times. 1 time for lunch and 4 times for dinner. The lunch was okay. The other times I was here for dinner there was usually something foods or ingredients not available.
We had the Shwarma Chicken, the Kebab, the lentil soup, various salads and the cous cous, the fried squid and the appetizer plate with the bread. What was absolutely not okay, was the feta cheese appetizer. Instead of a piece or pieces of feta you get a few, and I mean maybe 1 oz!, terrible tasteless feta crumbles. Other tha that the food is okay. The ambience is simple but okay. The bathroom is modernized. The prices fir the entrees are way too high. For what you get, the dishes should be at least $2 or 3 cheaper.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing place to eat freshly home made Mediterranean food. Family friendly and great place for business meetings. I love the authenticity of the food. Definitely recommend it to food addicts and healthy eaters!

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Had planned on eating here tonight with my family while in town for the day. Website said they opened at 5pm. At 5:08 the doors were locked, lights off, and no sign of any activity so we had to choose another restaurant nearby since we were on a tight schedule. Was really looking forward to it.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I have been to Turkey and am always looking for Turkish restaurants to try. We ate here for lunch. The atmosphere is pleasant - plenty of tables but not overcrowded, appropriate décor, and comfortable temperature. There is plenty of variety on the menu as well as lunch and dinner portions available. We ordered the hummus appetizer ($5); it was tasty, but not enough bread in proportion to the hummus, and had to ask for more. I had the mixed kebab (Kofte and chicken)($10) which came with Basmati rice, sautéed vegetables (squash, zucchini, onion, & mushrooms), and a side salad. The meat and vegetables were well seasoned but the rice lacked enough salt. You can choose from any of their side salads which was nice and I got the Green Olive salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, feta, olive, banana pepper, and house vinaigrette) which was average. My husband had the Gyro platter ($10)(also came with rice, vegetables, & side salad). The lamb was tender and well seasoned. My daughter had the chicken melt wrap (chicken, cheese & honey mustard dressing in a garlic wrap)($8) which came with a side salad. We didn't like the wrap, the flavors didn't seem to go well together. We had the Turkish baklava for dessert. It was good but could use more honey/syrup drizzled on top. I ordered the Turkish tea, but was disappointed they didn't have the traditional sugar cubes to add to it and I had to use a sugar packet. My daughter loves Turkish apple tea, but we were disappointed that they didn't offer it. They weren't very busy but the service was slow. Overall it was good, but with a few improvements it could be excellent.