“Best Shrimp Tacos”

Cantina 76 Main Street
Ranked #22 of 1,046 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: Cantina 76 is a lively, independently owned restaurant and bar that specializes in fresh Mexican-inspired cuisine and signature margaritas; providing a fast yet satisfying dining experience in a casual, upbeat atmosphere with seating inside and out at two locations in Columbia, S.C. and one in downtown Greenville, S.C. Margaritas are hand-crafted using elements like agave nectar, fresh lime juice and variations such as muddled strawberries and basil. Full of fresh, unique ingredients, the menu includes a large assortment of imaginative tacos, as well as enchiladas, nachos, salads, quesadillas, chimichangas, soups and sides. Sauces, dressings and salsas are made in-house daily, and the bar is stocked with a selection of premium tequilas. This comfortable, inviting restaurant and bar is a go-to for families, couples, young professionals, the business community and college students – perfect for a night out and drinks with friends or a quick meal with coworkers during a lunch break. Cantina 76 was founded in 2009 by four college friends in Columbia, S.C. A popular neighborhood restaurant and bar serving fresh, Mexican-inspired cuisine, Cantina 76 expanded to Columbia’s Main Street in 2013. Its first out-of-town expansion is to ONE City Plaza in downtown Greenville, S.C., in 2016.
Reviewed 12 January 2016

If you are in the area, definitely visit Cantina 76 and order the Peruvian Shrimp Tacos or the chicken quesadilla.Great little spot. Everyone was extremely friendly.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

My Wife and I stopped in for dinner and drinks on New Year's Eve. We both ordered 3 Tacos. The first Taco I tried was the Beef Brisket. This was definitely the star of the show and really the only item we felt was good. The Flavor of the Beef was well balanced with the BBQ sauce and Lime. I could not help but think how much better this would have been on good roll. The Fried Chicken Taco was next best but far from the Beef. The Smoked Pork had little smoke flavor and did not work for us. The Vegetable Taco was certainly not for me but my Vegetable loving Wife was not fond of it either. Finally, I had the traditional Taco. This was way overpowered with Cumin. This Taco was not too different than Taco Bell but at a much higher price. I ordered two Margaritas with top shelf Tequila. This was a waste of good Tequila as pre-mixed Margarita was used rather than fresh Lime. Additionally the drinks were very weak. This is far from our style of Mexican food. Cost to quality here is poor. I do not anticipate a return trip.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

I'd never had Mexican before, so this is a totally new experience , unless you include margaritas !

We had nachos tres hombres for starters the 3 dips being cheese and retried beans , guacamole and mild salsa

Mains course we chose burritos , I had beef brisket with BBQ honey sauce and chicken Fingers with buffalo sauce with feta cheese,
And my partner chose pulled pork with Apple mustard and coleslaw.

We arrived at 4pm on margaritas night and had 2for 1 margarita, you can't go wrong the food was great the margaritas were great and there football was on the screens, great place !

Reviewed 2 November 2015

Went here for lunch while in town. It was delicious. They have some awesome fresh tacos. I had the peruvian chicken and the fish taco. They had some awesome flavor. 2 tacos and the salsa were enough to fill me up. I wish I had gone here more than once while in town. They get ridiculously busy any day of the week. Be sure to get there early if you are planning on going here. I think we got there at 11 and by the time we left...there was a wait. Well worth the wait though. Next time I am in town, this is a must stop. Fresh and inexpensive.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

They have a variety of tacos. Had a mixed drink, but I wouldn't order another one from there. Server was helpful and helped me decide which taco was best for me.

All in all Id go there again