“My Favorite Bar of All” 5 of 5 bubbles

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“My Favorite Bar of All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

I'm sorry the other reviewer was not able to get in, but the club's website clearly states that if you are not a member you must call ahead. South Carolina still has some strange laws regarding private clubs, but being private allows us to stay open later and serve on Sundays without a special license.
I've been a member of Capital Club for almost 20 years, and I have found that many guests from out of town have called ahead and they've been admitted with no problems. But if you just walk in the door with tons of attitude, then the management/bar staff will not be very welcoming to you.
The club also has a very welcoming crowd, and some nights are busier than others. Happy Hour is 5:00 to 8:00 every night, and the bar remains open until 2:00 am. Sundays and Wednesdays have great drink specials, and Wednesdays is free pool all night. Sometimes you may find a football game on the large flat screen television, and other nights the club might be full of the theatre crowd celebrating a successful show.
I've travelled all over the world, and never have I found a gay bar that I like more than the Capital Club.

Visited September 2011