“Best Pizza”
Review of Pizza Palace

Pizza Palace
Ranked #249 of 1,079 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I visited Pizza Palace while staying in Columbia and discovered wonderful pizza. I'm very picky about pizza. This place tasted great! I would highly recommend it both for quality of food and service. We ordered some garlic bread and a pizza and were happy with both. Service was fast and it wasn't too expensive. Spend a few more dollars and try this place instead of one of the chain stores next time you want pizza. Well worth it!

1  Thank Sarah T

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

When we travel, we try to go to places that locals frequent. On a weekend trip to Congaree National Park, we decided to go here for our traditional Friday night pizza dinner.
We were happy we arrived a little early (around 5:30) because this resturant quickly became packed! A lot of the patrons were quite elderly, but there were also several families with young children. Several of the patrons seemed to know each other.

The pizza we had was delicious, but nothing too special. I chose gyro meat for my side of the pizza, which was a tasty variation I'd never tried before.
Our server was friendly, but we sensed that all the staff were becoming stressed as the resturant filled. It took a little longer than average for our pizza to come out, but that could be because of all the carryout orders that the kitchen was also working on.
Of note, there is a pretty nice outdoor seating area at this local favorite.

1  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Institutional grade food no homemade meatballs chicken parmesan is very non-traditional is chunks of chicken over pasta with a little sauce and melted cheese bathrooms are filthy overall average to below-average experience

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

When you walk inside you get the feel of a small quaint pizzeria. Nestled in a shopping plaza off leesburg rd, it has ample parking and seating inside. Seating is self-service. As soon as we entered we noticed the amount of people in the restaurant. Good thing we thought. As we sat down for food we noticed the variety on the menu. You have a good mix of Italian and Greek entrees. We ordered the chicken dinner and a steak calzone. The server was very pleasant and making sure drinks were filled. Always had a smile on her face. As we just moved into the neighborhood, we will be coming here often for a night away from cooking. Two Thumbs Up.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Ok, here's the down low on this place....it's very busy because people who live in forest acres don't want to drive far after drinking, but I don't understand how they get drinks here to begin with!!!

I had a server who was an absolute punk. After not coming back to our table for over 40 minutes I proceeded to order my next beer from the bar. Upon his return he says to me "you're supposed to order your drinks from me" in which I replied "well if I had seen you in the last 40 minutes I would have." Now, here's where it gets really interesting...

Upon returning each time for us (about 8 of us) he refills everyone's drink BUT MINE. Then it gets to the point I start saying "Hey, I'll have another beer" as he walks away each time.

The idiot returns to the table and says "I'm leaving for the night so I'm just going to close you guys out." Hahaha, I didn't realize my tab was contingent on a pot head kid who had to leave. If you love grease then the pizza is to die for, literally. All in all the place just sucks, I'd be going to Dano's or Schianos before ever trying this dump. I won't even go back for a beer there, I told my friend I'd meet him anywhere for a drink OTHER THAN this place!!!!

2  Thank travelguyIPA