“Pizza the Way You Want It”

Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint USC
Ranked #176 of 1,052 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: It's a place where everything is fresh, from the pizza dough that's made in-store each day to the veggies that are delivered every morning. First you choose whether you want a handmade pizza, gourmet salad or Foldwich. Our pizza has 3 different dough options (white, wheat and gluten free), 4 sizes 6", 9", 12" and 16", 6 different sauce options and over 45 different cheese, meat or veggie toppings. You build the pizza by talking directly to the pizza maker and tell them exactly what you want. "A little more of this." "A little less of that." "And can I add that too?" Until it's exactly how you want it. Your perfect pizza. So come to Uncle Maddio's and see if it's your kind of place.
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Uncle Maddio's brings a fun spin to the idea of a personal pizza by allowing customers to choose everything from their crust to their sauce to their cheeses and toppings. The food is great and always personalized the way you want it.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

My son and I went for lunch our first day in Columbia. We were starving and the pizza we ordered was pretty good and the salad was fresh. I decided to go the next day while my son was at USC for orientation. WOW! I love that you can build your own pizza. The personal sized on was perfect. Great variety of crusts, sauces and toppings. All fresh and made to order. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 11 June 2016

I love making my own salad here, the dressings are housemade. The pizzas are great too, lots of ingredients to choose from.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Over all I think maddios is great for what it is- a fast casual, order at the counter style restaurant. It works sort of like a moes or a chipotle where you order as you see ingredients you want only then they bring your food out to you after its cooked. It is a tad pricey for what they are offering- personal pizzas, but the Thursday when I went they had a special for 5.99 cheese pizzas you could still add toppings to. They have an amazing selection of options for what to put on your pizza and even three different crust selections (white, wheat gluten free) you can also pick from a variety of sauces or do what I did- get one base sauce and add a swirl of a couple different ones to mix things up. The servers are all nice and friendly. My only qualm was no one seemed to be able to find the tofu- I know it's an obscure ingredient but if they offer it they should be able to find it. Then when they brought out my pizza they had forgot to put tofu on it, they very quickly realized and corrected the issue without me having to ask but simply added tofu on top of the already cooked pizza which I didn't love because then the tofu wasn't crispy or melted on to the pizza so it kept falling off. Very small issue though! Over all good food. Parking is a little difficult but it's walking distance from campus so that isn't a problem for students.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Great pizza , they serve GF dough. and have lots of choices.. My wife was very very happy,, i really enjoyed to..