“Always Good Mexican Food”

San Jose Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #149 of 1,065 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed 21 June 2017

My daughter and I stopped here for a quick bite after running errands. We were seated promptly, and our server,Israel, was ready to take our drink orders. I must say, The Margaritas were tasty! We ordered a Chimichanga and Shrimp Fajitas. Again, fast service and piping hot food. The food is well seasoned and spicy without being "burn your mouth hot".

1  Thank sallysue1279

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

As usual great service and food on Sparkleberry Drive off Clemson Road. Tried the one in Lugoff, SC and the food wasn't even close to the quality of Sparkleberry.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Stopped here for an early dinner on a recent road trip. It was located off the main highway near shopping areas so easy to find and park. It was pretty empty when we got there and were seated promptly. The waitress was nice but had a heavy accent that made her difficult to understand. We winged ordering. Started with Nachos/cheese – plentiful but horrid cheese. Margarita was very large but did not like at all – too sweet (did not finish). It was a plus they had a good selection of vegetarian offerings. Ordered the Vegetarian Fajitas, which was average tasting (plentiful but too salty). Also ordered Beef Fajitas that was deemed pretty good and large serving size. The food service seemed almost too fast – like they had it sitting there all ready to be served, there was literally no wait time. Atmosphere very typical ‘mexico’ – nothing too exciting.

1  Thank Coco1231
Reviewed 16 September 2016

Great atmosphere. The four of us were seated in the unoccupied rear dining room, which was great for a quiet visit with friends until we realized we'd been forgotten. Fortunately, we had no intention of rushing though our time together, and once the server was alerted to our presence the service was outstanding. Skip the too-mild red salsa that arrives with the chips; ask for "something mas picoso" and they will bring you a tasty green salsa that will light up your evening - and you'll have enough left to add some zing to your meal. Accustomed to how other restaurants present, I was surprised that the Enchiladas Supremas arrived sans beans & rice, but the four enchiladas were filling. Had there been beans and rice I probably would have eaten them and left feeling overstuffed. As it was, I was perfectly satisfied. Definitely a place to go back to.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Recently dined here with a large group. We were seated promptly and our orders were taken. The chips and salsa were the standard Mexican fare, nothing special there. When our food came out, mine was the incorrect dish and they had to remake it. However as I waited on my plate others at the table commented on how overly salty their fajitas were and I tasted them and wanted to spit it out. When my food came I also thought it was too salty, although not to the extreme of the fajitas. I would choose to visit other Mexican restaurants in Columbia before going here again. If you love overly salted food, you will love this place. If not I wouldn't recommend it!

Been to San Jose Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!