“First visit, first impression”

San Jose Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #149 of 1,066 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed 16 September 2016

Great atmosphere. The four of us were seated in the unoccupied rear dining room, which was great for a quiet visit with friends until we realized we'd been forgotten. Fortunately, we had no intention of rushing though our time together, and once the server was alerted to our presence the service was outstanding. Skip the too-mild red salsa that arrives with the chips; ask for "something mas picoso" and they will bring you a tasty green salsa that will light up your evening - and you'll have enough left to add some zing to your meal. Accustomed to how other restaurants present, I was surprised that the Enchiladas Supremas arrived sans beans & rice, but the four enchiladas were filling. Had there been beans and rice I probably would have eaten them and left feeling overstuffed. As it was, I was perfectly satisfied. Definitely a place to go back to.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Recently dined here with a large group. We were seated promptly and our orders were taken. The chips and salsa were the standard Mexican fare, nothing special there. When our food came out, mine was the incorrect dish and they had to remake it. However as I waited on my plate others at the table commented on how overly salty their fajitas were and I tasted them and wanted to spit it out. When my food came I also thought it was too salty, although not to the extreme of the fajitas. I would choose to visit other Mexican restaurants in Columbia before going here again. If you love overly salted food, you will love this place. If not I wouldn't recommend it!

Reviewed 22 August 2016

the food is always great and can be customized the way you like it. The staff is very nice and after you've been there a few times you get greeted like you are part of their family. Just a great place for good Mexican food.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

My daughter stopped here on a Friday afternoon for a casual late lunch/early dinner. Our server, Manuel, was quick to take out drink orders and assured my daughter that they could, indeed, make her a "spicy" Margarita. Prepared and delivered exactly as ordered! Our Fish Tacos and Chicken Quesadillas arrived pipping hot and delicious. Definitely an enjoyable outing!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

We come here at least once a week because the food is incredible and the service is consistent! Ask for Sergio , Beto, Iris, Miguel, or Genarro..these guys are awesome and will ensure that you have a great dining experience! Portions are quite large and our kids love that they get to eat SJ's the very next day! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Been to San Jose Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!