Review Highlights
Nice Recovery!

My daughter bought me a gift certificate here (I didn't ask why she chose this course) for Father's... read more

Reviewed 7 September 2018
Mike M
Topeka, Kansas
Link Up

Great course good shape, rates very good. Clean bathrooms and clubhouse had cold beer and hot food... read more

Reviewed 25 May 2017
Christopher P
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Oak Hills Golf Club Columbia SC

I was in Columbia visiting my son. He's going to Summer School at the University of South Carolina, and he arranged for us to golf at Oak Hills. The course was beautiful and in good condition; the weather was good (and hot), and we finished 18 holes in 4h 15min -- excellent pace of play.

We were glad we came and want to come back.

The greens had been aerated probably 2 weeks ago. The little holes were filled in, but still visible. We found the greens big, fast and putted true. One green had damage from tire tracks; otherwise really pretty good.

The whole course was green.

The fairways were good, but not flat. The course winds its way up and down the hillsides, and a flat lie is hard to find. The cart paths twist, turn and climb sometime so steeply, the cart driver needs to pay attention for safety reasons. Some of the cart paths were damaged and made for a rough ride for the golf cart riders.

The fairways were wide enough for average golfers. A couple of times our drives went into the trees. The ground cover is sparse enough that we were able to find our balls. The roughs weren't bad, and we never lost a ball because the grass was too thick.

Overall, I would say this course welcomes average golfers.

There's a big beautiful lake on the course; it only comes into play on a few holes. Otherwise, there are a few creeks that run across the course. We lost balls in the creek a couple of times, mostly because we didn't realize it was there. The creek was mostly dry, but it was so deep, sometimes we just left our ball behind.

On the back nine, you can see evidence of the flood damage from the hurricane back in October. Much of this has been repaired and not a factor for the player, but when asking the nice person at the proshop, the course was closed for over a month last October. He said they were lucky; it could have been much worse. It's recovered nicely!

For our 1pm tee time, the course was not busy. We briefly checked in at the proshop, loaded our golf cart and took off -- without a starter; pretty much self service. The course had water coolers every few holes; the snack shop was well stocked with drinks and fast to-go food. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming!

The course is about 25 minutes North of campus.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Early season golf as the grass had just began to turn. Challenging course. Cannot recall a flat lie.

Would like to return mid season and see the changes.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Played this course the 5th of July. Hats off to the maintenance crew. I have played this course on and off for the past 15 years as I play all over the state and the conditions of this course are wonderful. The greens are great and I can't believe how green the whole course is. Go play here. You won't be disappointed

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank mnm1401
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Course has potential but as of April 2015 it was in very poor shape. We're from the Midwest and the courses there, after not being kept in shape all winter, are in better shape than Oak Hills.....and for $66/round we would not play there again.

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank Natelinn
Reviewed 20 December 2014

Nice layout and maintained in great shape. I originally played this course in 2003. Now I live in the area. It is a challenging course.

Date of experience: August 2014