“My Experience”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #27 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Needed an inexpensive hotel for one night and settled on the Comfort Inn. Our Google Maps GPS had a difficult time locating this hotel. It sits back up on the road on the corner so look for it, don't depend on the GPS. The hotel overall is fine. The lobby was clean and check in was quick and efficient. The receptionist was warm and inviting. Very nice. We asked for a quiet part of the hotel and that is what we received. Never heard a door slam, no voices, it was quiet. The room is a bit weird to me. When you come into the room the bathroom sink is right there. Strange. The room was clean and ready for our visit. We had our bathing suits and tried out the outdoor pool. One of the lounge chairs was broken, the other one had a crack in one of the slats but was still useable. The pool needed vacuuming (dirt and junk was on the bottom) and cleaning for debris but generally it was passable. My only complaint with the room is the bed. Way too soft. I didn't try it out until it was time for bed. My mistake. I need a firm bed and this was the exact opposite. Now the included breakfast, decent selection but avoid the scrambled eggs. Not sure what they were (egg substitute) but that did not agree with my stomach. They do have hard boiled eggs (I should have gone for those) and meat but it's pork sausage. Check out was quick, no issues.

Would we stay there again? If we could get a room with a firmer bed probably.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor about 3/4 the way down the hall. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Tressy T, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thanks for your feedback! I’m pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Columbia Comfort INn. Our team looks forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

It’s our commitment to serve our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations. We’ll see you soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

It was a very good hotel for $75 a night. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was good. The only thing I did not like was the blinking light on the the telephone, it flashes day and night. The front desk turned it off but it came back on around 1 am and woke me up. I put a towel on the phone to block the light. Don't let this be a deciding factor. The hotel was excellent and very close to the Riverbank Zoo, only five minutes away. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Very soft beds,
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Poor lady checking us in was frazzled. Big line, people calling, etc. We checked on and went to our room. Immediately we were overcome by the pair of wet pet. Though this is a pet friendly hotel, we were assured that we were in a non pet room. Without any issue, front desk put us in another room which was, indeed, better.

Common areas are kept rather warm, though the AC setting at 71 indicated they try with two ductless units.

Room was VERY warm and took quite some time to cool down.

Over all, average. I probably won't return if given an opportunity to experience a similar property/price to try elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2017

My daughter and grandsons arrived with a Boy Scout Troop. Our grandson has a Service Dog. This is not a pet. This is a trained, well behaved, working, life saving Service Animal. The front desk said daughter, son and Service Animal would need to be put on a different floor than the troop was assigned to because of the dog. It is not acceptable to discriminate because of a disability or a Service Animal. This is not a Pet.

They finally offered to move the entire troop but this was only after everyone was emotionally upset and were obviously very unwanted. A comment was made "well we didn't charge you extra for the dog". Oh my goodness, how unprofessional.

It was so upsetting, mother, grandsons and service dog left to find another hotel. (Which they did with Marriott and they were welcomed with no problems what so ever)

I do NOT!!! Recommend this hotel. Their professional hospitality and knowledge of ADA rules is very lacking. Discrimination to the max.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler07Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Very clean and very easy to get to . Staying here for a Nova lash extension class . The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful . Thanks Jackie . Walmart right down the road . Nice pool . Eating places near by .

Stayed: June 2017