“My Wife Loves Italian!”

The Villa
Ranked #94 of 1,079 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Although WE had trouble finding the Villa it was purely operator error from our hotel we should have walked! Not really but you get the idea of the closeness of The Villa!

When we arrived at the restaurant, we were immediately greeted and seated by the hostess and our server arrived within minutes. Super atmosphere in The Villa and it appeared to be a good selection of items on the menu, I am not a fan of red sauces so there wasn't much that appealed to me. My wife selected the Egg Plant Parmesan and I ordered Manicotti with Meat Sauce. I have to admit the lemon-aide we had was some of the best that I have had in a long time! We also had a house salad with our dinner and our server said that all of the dressings were made in-house. I wasn't greatly pleased with mine as it had a tremendous amount of hard white ends of the lettuce, the saving grace was the fresh carrots and tomatoes. When our main course arrived my wife loved it! Me on the other hand couldn't handle the spicy red sauce our server immediately took a new order of buttered noodles and I was very happy with them.

As I said we will try them again next time we have to stay over in Columbia.

1  Thank mikes351

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

The best pizza in Columbia. Our waitperson, Vivian, was outstanding. Our pizza was prepared exactly as we requested. Definitely recommend and definitely will return.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

The best part about the place was the atmosphere. It was busy, and it was comfortable. The service was attentive, too. They seemed to have a pretty good selection of drinks, although I didn't try any.

But...

I'll preface this by saying I'm half Italian. I think you can usually judge an Italian restaurant by the bread they serve you. Here, they give you an option of "garlic bread" or "French bread." I'm thinking the French bread you can buy at the grocery door for 99 cents, right? No. It's a bun that has been put in a panini press. The garlic bread is also a bun, but has been brushed with some type of garlic mixture. I ordered the spaghetti with tomato sauce, my mom ordered the spaghetti with tomato sauce and meatballs. We both thought the sauce was underwhelming and had too much pepper. The spaghetti itself was actually angel hair, and looked to have been sitting awhile after it had been cooked - the edges were hard. My son had a small pepperoni pizza that clearly had been made with a frozen crust - it was perfectly round.

If this weren't an Italian restaurant, I'd give it a pass for mediocre food, but that's all they do, here, and it isn't good.

3  Thank flootsmith
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We always enjoy eating dinner at The Villa. We have the manicotti and pizza on the last visit. We have enjoyed every meal we have eaten here. The restaurant expanded their beer selection over the years. The staff is great and always polite. The prices are good too!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We decided to try this place out after reading the reviews. We went on a weekday for lunch and had the eggplant parmesan and lasagna. The lasagna was good and I ordered the "larger" portion to have leftovers; would have hated to see the smaller portion. I don't feel like it was worth the price. The eggplant was good, but was not a fan of the noodles and sauce---large chunks of onions.
The staff was very friendly and attentive and the garlic bread was great.
We did not order the pizza after reading the reviews and in fact, one customer had his pizza sent back to the kitchen while we were there.
I don't feel that we will go back there; I have eaten at places with a much better value lunch menu and better portions.