See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

If I could give this death-trap negative stars I would. It is "under construction" and they have left it DISGUSTING and unsafe. They rooms that they are passing off as fully renovated and guest ready are filthy, and not in proper working condition. When we checked in the floors were covered in nails, screws, razor blades and other construction debris. The ceiling is leaking in 2 places- one place has a filthy bucket under it and it sat full for 2 days and was only emptied after I said that the health department would have a field day here. The other spot is just leaking on the floor- one of the hallway windows is leaking. We had 2 rooms- one of the rooms had he toilet leaking non stop- and the front desk gave us bits of old towels, then the next morning after nothing being done to remedy the leaking toilet they offered a new room- that room had mold growing on the lamp shades. When we said that that room was not safe they said "how do you know it's mold and not just dirt?" So their defense is that the room might not be filled with mold and mildew but simply filthy. After providing the front desk a list of things that were wrong and staying for 2 full days they have done nothing. The manager offered us a full refund and agreed that this was unacceptable- then the owner overrode her and would not allow us to be refunded. DO NOT STAY HERE- they are the definition of slum lords and do not care about the health or safety of their guests!!!!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017

My wife, step-daughter and I arrived Friday afternoon and was informed the hotel had a water outage due to construction up the street and was also under remodeling. I explained to the manager that the reservations site made no mention of any issues at the hotel and trying to find another hotel on a Friday evening might be difficult. We said that all we really needed was a place to sleep at night as we were there for a relative's funeral. She said that some of the rooms still had water and if we acknowledged the issue, they would go ahead and book us. She checked a couple of rooms and found a single room for my step-daughter and a double for my wife and me that still had running water to wash up and flush the toilet. As far as we were concerned, it was all we needed along with a comfortable bed. Yes, the beds were comfortable and other than a nearby train blowing it's horn, it was nice and quiet since we were the only ones there. There wasn't the customary free breakfast but that was fine with us, as we wanted to try a local restaurant - Lizard's Thicket which I shall also review.

Room tip: Get a room on the right side of the building to lessen the sound of the nearby train
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2017

The evening staff were rude and I felt like a second class citizen, as a women. The rooms are a mess the carpet is greasy and the carpet tacks are sticking out to catch your feet. And it's under construction with construction material all over the place. Night shift gentleman was polite and very helpful.

Room tip: Not sure at this point there is maybe one of the rooms that got a face lift.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2017

The staff sent a child to meet us at door to inform us no dogs, in a screening manner, having a service dog the adults agree to let us stay. And we were tried but there are two other motels beside it should of left.
Checked in went to room to have the smoke detector talking to us, needed a new battery, called front desk. They good it off wall and placed it on table where it contained to talk, until we couldn't sleep so called again. This time they removed the whole until leaving the room without a smoke detector at all.
The hotel doors are open all night, so as two older females we were wondering what we picked at this point.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2016

The motel is in pretty bad repair. It's an okay price and the staff is not very knowledgeable about how to work things but I guess good help is hard to find.

It would be better if someone who knew what they were doing managed this place. It could have a lot of potential then.

Date of stay: November 2016