All reviews publix grocery store toilet and sink within walking distance separate rooms parking lot side sleeping area sliding door spacious lobby street noise columbia downtown would stay here again free breakfast loved this hotel nice hotel restaurants and shops indoor pool hotel location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Can’t say “thank you” enough! From getting booking help from Olivia to keeping us entertained with games, coloring books and being pet friendly and having treats for the pets - this hotel was wonderful

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
BilyanaFranks, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello mrsangelacarr,
Thank you very much for you kind review!
We know how stressful it can be to leave home and in search of a safe place.
My teams goal was to prepare our property for you to be just like at home away from home.
We hope to see you again when in Columbia SC!

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Nice hotel in the heart of Columbia’s river district. Walking distance to many restaurants. Hotel is newer and suitelike rooms are comfortable. Breakfast is good with both hot and cold food choices. Walking access to river trails-good for walkers and runners.

Stayed: August 2018

Hello Gertper,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad you were able to be comfortable during your stay and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Location is good. Sleeping area of the room is a bit cramped, but overall the room is fine. Road noise is loud and kept me awake, which is not fine. That's my pet peeve, and I won't be going back to this hotel because of it. Lots of options in Columbia, so it's not worth it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
BilyanaFranks, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi restlessinrichmond,

Thank you for staying with us and for also reviewing your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not get a good nights rest. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter , parking lot facing rooms so that you will not be disturbed by the Huger Street traffic.

Again, thank you for staying with us and do we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to Columbia.

Warmest Regards,
Bilyana Franks

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

A sudden trip to Columbia and a late night check in was very pleasant. The room was clean and large enough for 4 adults with two queens and a sleep couch. The bed wasn't ultra comfy, but nice. Because of late array, I asked for a room away from the elevators and was accommodated nicely. The breakfast was good and there was adequate room for many guests. Very pleased

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
BilyanaFranks, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Hello Angie T,
Thank you so much for choosing us! We are thrilled you enjoyed our clean, comfortable hotel and friendly team!Thank you so much for your feedback!
Hope to see you all soon when travels bring you back to Columbia.

Bilyana Franks

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Parking is free with plenty of spaces. Check-in was easy. The front staff is so nice. When I went to the room, the housekeeper's cart was in the middle of the hall instead of to the side, so I had to push it out of the way. The hotel has modernized their decor since the last time I was here a few years ago. My room was a little suite. It was VERY clean. There is a folded card in the room that tells you the TV channel. how to get online, and some of the hotel amenities. My room did not have a map of local restaurants, so I went back down to the front desk for one.
The sink was a tiny pedestal corner sink but serviceable. There was a shower of course but no tub, and I had been looking forward to a long soak. The Internet is free. The bed was comfortable, but I kept waking up all night because of the highway traffic outside my window. There was PLENTY of food and drinks at the complimentary breakfast. Protein choices included eggs, sausage, milk, yogurt, and shredded cheese. The hotel does not offer a complimentary newspaper nor do they sell them. When I went back to the lobby for a conference break around 10 am, one of the housekeepers was sweet to come to me and tell me that she put out some more fresh hot coffee and fruit. The morning of my check-out there was no bill under my door. I went to the desk, and I picked up my bill. It was accurate. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Hello mscarol81,
Welcome back!
Thank you very much for your detailed review! The team is thrilled you enjoyed your visit and found our SpringHill to be convenient, clean and hospitable!

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Bilyana and the Springhill Suites Crew