“Tapas at Happy Hour”

blue.
Ranked #445 of 1,065 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Reviewed 12 December 2014 via mobile

We we like the atmosphere of Blue a lot. It's what you expect a martini bar to look like. The location is a little out-of-the-way and that's what makes it interesting.

Recommend going there for happy hour enjoying discounted price drinks and the Tapas. We sampled all of the appetizers some good some average. Service is good and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves there.

Reviewed 27 October 2014

We were in a group of 20 people meeting for a bite and drinks before a show. Location and atmosphere was great. Very tasty bites of food. For me, probably not for dinner, but it is definitely an awesome place for some hors d'oeuvres and cocktails ... I'll definitely go back again!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently went here for happy hour on Friday with friends. The food and drinks were ok, but the thing that bothered me the most was the service. We entered the restaurant at about 5pm with barely anyone in the restaurant. We sat, drank, and talked for more than an hour and it was at that point informed by our waiter that his manager noted that I didn't fit the dress code due to my tank top and he wanted to know if I have another shirt in my car that I could put on. I replied no and the waiter said no problem and walked off from the table. My two female friends that I was with both said they had never had that experience before when visiting Blue nor were they ever aware of a dress code. We proceeded to continue drinking when I was approached by another young man who introduced himself as the manager. He then proceeded to attempt at handing me a promotional t-shirt, asking me to put it on as I didn't fit the dress code. I told him he could keep the promotional shirt and to bring our checks. You don't allow someone to proceed past several hostesses, be seated, waited on, patronize your business for more than an hour and then ask them to change their shirt. Completely unprofessional and I won't ever be back nor would I recommend anyone else to go to this business.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Although many of the tapas are fried. They're good, but we were fried-out. Crab cakes, fried green tomatoes, tempura shrimp, calamari were all decent, but the REALLY good dish was the shrimp and grits, also beautifully plated. Well martini's were $4 and we got out of there for super cheap, so I'd recommend it. Environment itself was a little weird - dark and cavernous with some hipster touches, but then three tv screens - so sort of couldn't tell what they were going for design-wise.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We always enjoy going to Blue with friends for their happy hour specials. The food is quite good - especially for bar food. Try the shrimp. Very good!

There is a new owner now. He did work there before he bought it. I think Blue will just get better.

Been to blue.? Share your experiences!