“great sushi service with a smile”

Tao Asian Fusion Cuisine & Bar
Ranked #163 of 1,088 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a great new sushi bar with a beautiful atmosphere Tao Fusion is the place!
The owner is always there to greet you with a smile and a great attitude!
The teriyaki salmon bento box is incredible and I haven't had any sushi I didn't like very good
A few suggestions the tempura batter could use some improvement and the ginger salad has too much Citrus in it. just a note

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

We love this place! The food has always been excellent no matter what we have ordered and we always appreciate the friendly staff. You can't beat the atmosphere!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 21 December 2016

I and my hubby have dined twice here. On our first visit we ordered spring rolls. we got 4 spring rolls with 2 sauce- 1 duck sweet sauce and the other was little tangy. Their spring rolls are okay with lesser filling. however, both the sauces tastes great! The picture of spring roll I post is of our 1st visit. Then for the entree, we had ordered Ma Po Tofu as my hubby loves Ma Po Tofu from P.F.Changs. So thinking it would be something similar to P.F.Changs, he was disheartened to see it in a gravy form and totally different. However, the hope now lay on the taste. The tofu they had used was too silken and we didn't like it. We like it little fried/textured. Sauce was tasteless. I asked him to eat the other entree we had ordered. Our 2nd entree was Shanghai/Singapore noodles that I THOUGHT I had ordered. However, when we received the plate, We loved it and we said to each other that we will order whatever Shanghai/Singapore noodles. We didn't know we had received Vegetable Lo Mein!
So next time we came with my in-laws, we ordered spring rolls. Our server was very friendly. But this time they gave too less sauces. Felt almost 1 Tbsp of each sauce for 4 of us!!! I wished they had given us generous amount of sauce as our 1st visit. Next order was Veggie Roll (like a Sushi Roll). We got 8 pieces of Rolls and was perfect as we were 4 of us. It had cucumbers & avacado. We ate with Soya sauce as the green sauce is spicy and managed to use the spring roll sauce.
I had ordered 1 General Tso sauce with Tofu and Veggie instead of the meat. Before ordering I did ask the server if Tso is sweet sauce as we don't like sweet gravys. She said its kind of sweet and tangy but not too sweet. The Tofu was Awesome Large triangle pieces well done and so were the veggies. However, we did find the Tso Gravy to be Sweet! The side of Sriracha sauce helped us maintain the balance. Our server gave us 4 dip bowls for each of us. However, personally we will never order Ma Po Tofu or General Tso's at Tao Asian Fusion. I made sure the General Tso comes with rice and server said yes and also told us small size of bowl. So as were 4, I ordered 1 bowl of brown rice and in her presence said so that 2 of us can share white as they preferred and I and my mother-in-law would share 1 brown rice bowl. So I thought we will get intotal 2 bowls of rice but we got 2 white rice and 1 brown rice. We didn't make a fuss about it and thought to pay extra for the bowl. Then I asked the server whether the Shanghai or Singapore noodles are thick with veggies as I didn't remember which one I had ordered last time. She said it would be Shanghai noodles after I described to her what it looked like. When we got noodles, first thing I noticed was it didn't look like the one we had ordered before. So I tasted and was way too blend. I told her the noodles had more veggies and flavors to it last time. I didn't see veggies except for snap peas. So she called the manager. Manager was very friendly and and asked me if the noodles were yellow in color & had veggies like Broccoli. I said 'yes'. I showed him the plate we got had only snap peas and didn't see much veggies. He did get us Lo Mein with veggies in it. However, I was under the impression, the Lo Mein includes veggies as he was describing and was little surprised to see $3 extra charge on $10.95 Vegetable Lo Mein Entree!!! I wished we were told on our 1st visit what we had got that way I would have directly ordered Lo Mein. 1 Bowl of extra rice and now $3 extra veggie charge-- my tip to the server and the restaurant is please start writing down the order. Please hand a copy of the order receipt to customers so that even customers can make sure the order is correct and there is no room for blame game/messing up orders/bill.
we all loved the Interior of the restaurant as well as the presentation of the plate.

I will still recommend Tao Asian Restaurant. One needs to figure out the food from their menu as per your taste and just be aware and double check your orders and bills!!!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 19 December 2016

We started with a Seaweed salad which was very tasty. The wife and I then shared three Sushi's however two would have been more than enough. We had the Volcano roll, Sex on the Beach roll and Pizza roll. Volcano was my favorite having a spicy kick to it.
Happy hour was reasonably priced but unlike other places you got the same drinks as you would with regular prices. No skimping here!!!!
Service was outstanding and the owner even came by and talked with us for while. The atmosphere of the restaurant only adds to the taste of the food and drink well served here.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

A great restaurant for a nice family get together. The Thai Pineapple Fried Rice was well presented and tasted excellent!

Date of visit: November 2016