“Authentic Desi (Pakistani) cuisine ”

Shalimar Curry House
Ranked #604 of 1,051 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Shalimar curry house may not be the best Indian cuisine restaurant of Columbia but the hospitality & heart warming response of owners (a lady from Lahore & gentleman from Lyallpur) made it an outstanding experience for me & my friends.

Small business by a man of big heart. He served us complimentary fruit after the dinner & was very happy to chat with us in Urdu & Punjabi.

I'm definitely going to Shalimar whenever I come back to Columbia

1  Thank Ali S

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

The lady waiting on us was very friendly and pleasant. The food was mediocre and lukewarm, at best. Hardly any spice. On the plus side, the kids enjoyed it for their first Indian experience.
The plates were all dirty-greasy. They all had to be sent back. We were given cheap plastic silverware and styrofoam cups, with the dirty plates. After sending all the dirty plates back, we were given styrofoam ones. Dinner for 2 adults and three young kids cost $44. We did not get our money's worth.
This is more of a take out than a restaurant. There are a couple of plastic covered tables.
Also, the chef kept going outside and was wearing filthy clothes.
We really wanted this place to work but won't be back.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

My sister and I were a bit apprehensive of dining here, due to the lack of reviews.. I'm glad we did not let that stop us! Everything was so delicious, and we were given such generous portions we had to take the rest of it home with us. If you are in downtown Columbia I highly recommend the Shalimar Curry House!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

This little restaurant is a hidden gem, although it is hidden in plain sight in a small strip area on Main St. in Columbia across from the USC campus. The food is absolutely wonderful and authentic Indian Curry. It's doesn't have a large menu, but your choices include Chicken, Lamb, Beef, and Veggie, with choices of sauces as well as side dishes. It is inexpensive for what you get - about $10 a person for dinner. Would highly recommend this to anyone in Columbia who likes Indian Curry cuisine!