“Still a Good Value, Four Years Later”

Ramada Limited Columbia
Ranked #40 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Richmond, VA
“Still a Good Value, Four Years Later”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This is just a follow-up review. My original detailed review for this hotel (including photos) was written four years ago.

Stayed here again for one night last weekend, to see the Gamecocks (college) football game. I'm pleased to report the hotel is still doing a good job.

We were assigned a room on the ground floor this time, right next to the small swimming pool. The room was quiet, clean and the beds were reasonably comfortable/firm. I enjoyed the relatively new shower head that offered multiple settings, and was pleasantly surprised with the upgraded bar soaps (from San Francisco).

Our only complaint is that the toilet wasn't fully bolted to the floor so when you got up from sitting, the tank would bang against the wall, making a loud noise. I mentioned this to the front desk clerk and he said he would report it to maintenance.

The hotel's WiFi worked good and check-in & check-out was a breeze... no waiting. Front desk staff was helpful.

The complimentary breakfast consisted of Belgian waffles, powdered donuts and fruit filled danishes, bagels, toast, apple & orange juice, and multiple types of cold cereals. I sampled a few different things and was pleased with the taste, except for the coffee, which was too weak and tasted like brown water.

Complimentary USA Today newspaper was readily available too.

For $60/night, it's tough to beat this place. And the South Carolina football stadium is an easy 15-min drive away.

There are a few other discount hotels at the same exit, like the Royal Inn next door, but I don't see the need to roll the dice when this place does such an admirable job for the money.

Room Tip: There are only two floors and I've stayed on both. I like the ground floor a little better just...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My family stayed here while visiting the Riverbank Zoo. The motel was clean and the staff friendly. The complimentary breakfast was great. I have no reservations about recommending this place to friends. Beds were comfortable, room was well appointed and everything was smooth and pleasant. This is the Best Value in Columbia!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank bluesglide
virginia
Reviewed 11 April 2010

In writing this review I am currently sitting in the room and will describe to you what I see. The bathroom shower curtain has mildew on the bottom. The wallpaper on the walls of the room is ripping and has rips all over. The bathroom wall along the backsplash is dirty I ran my finger over it and my finger had grime and dirt on it. I am sitting in a chair at the table typing this and it smells of urine. The dresser looks like something spilt on it and was never wiped off. I went to cook something for my son in the microwave and the top of the microwave has dried food in it. Checking out early. Not EVEN going to attempt the continental breakfast. Who knows what has been crawling all over it.. You want to stay here, fine but I would not recommend it. I am also going to notify triple A as I received a triple A discount.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels

central florida
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Upon initail entry to this hotel, it looked very nice.. clerk was pleasant and informed us of the free continental breakfast area for the morning.
After booking a room for the evening and settling in we went to dinner, upon our return I took a better look at the entry area to this hotel...I found dead roaches in the corners and along the edges of the wall ..I checked the room and found no roaches.In the morning we vacated the hotel w/o the breakfast

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Positives: Friendly staff, Adequate breakfast with waffle station, room was clean
Negatives: TV is old with distorted picture, bathroom needs paint job, stairs were dirty
Overall, this hotel was good value for the discounted price we paid.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family