“Best breakfast in the area”
Review of SunnySide Cafe

SunnySide Cafe
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Clemson
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Important Notice We are closed at our College Ave location. Our new building is under construction at Patrick Square. We will be open early Spring 2018 with a bigger and better facility to serve you better. Thank you for your support. See you soon
Reviewed 2 August 2018

My wife and I enjoy going out for breakfast Sunday Mornings. The staff here has always been accommodating even when I was on crutches. The food is the best we have found in the area. The omelets are good the benedicts are good but the SOS and the Grit Cakes take the honors.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

I took my bonus son to the new location for breakfast. It was his first time and he LOVED it. The Kevin Omelette was right up his alley - loaded with bacon, hollandaise and pimento cheese. It was on the special menu. Unfortunately, we went back four days later and they pulled the entire special menu. Please, please put this item back on a menu.

Our service, was good considering they were very busy. The waitress was most accommodating with the granddaughters.

Love the new location. Bright, Light, and Cheery.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We ate breakfast on their shaded patio with our dogs. Rebecca, our server was wonderful. We will be back!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Stopped here for a late lunch on Sunday afternoon. Arrived about 2pm. Very quiet inside, with about three other tables. Nice, new location. Stained-concrete floors, bright & cheery decor.

Service was prompt, and the kitchen had the food out quickly. We had:

Breakfast Bowl
Sunny Side Breakfast
Chef Salad
Sausage biscuit
Pesto Mozzadilla (quesadilla)

My wife, the vegetarian, had the Breakfast Bowl. She said she wanted to eat it every day. I had the Chef Salad, which was great, I just wish it was in a bowl (hard to eat off of a plate). My oldest son had the SunnySide Breakfast. He was impressed and enjoyed it.

My two younger kids, had the Pesto Mozzadilla and the Sausage Biscuit enjoyed their meals. Quite frankly, they'd eat just about anything, so who knows if it was really good or not.

Tweak #2 I'd ask for is to put less salt in the "Loaded Baked Potato Soup." This is one of the side options with many of the dishes. My cardiologist's, "lightning scar" started to burn when I tasted it.

Lovely meal. I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

I've been to Sunny Side 5-10 times, I've enjoyed the food every time I've gone, which is why I don't give this review a 2/5.

It is quite crowded and because of it generally being so busy there is rarely time to actually enjoy the 'experience.'

I've felt rushed out of there every time I've gone as well as cramped by other tables and guests. The experience is poor.

1  Thank WearyTravlrCU