“Great Sushi great hibachi ”

Tokyo Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar
Ranked #31 of 129 Restaurants in Clemson
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Sushi is always really good. Food from the kitchen is also really good. Usually pretty busy so that's always a good sign. The restaurant is clean and the service is excellent!!!!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I like their food but the service is awful. I thought takeout would fix the problem, I was wrong. They don't answer their phone half the time so that isn't an option. One day I called about how late they serve, and my party arrived 25 minutes before that time and we were refused service.

1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Just dropped in here with my family for some Asian food in Clemson. Service was quick, polite. Food was good. We're going back.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

We used to love this place. The food is still very good, but the last three times we have gone, there have been service issues (this is over a three month span).

It is hard to get a table and sometimes they won't let you sit at the bar because they are understaffed. Meanwhile, tables sit empty. Sometimes you are told to write your name on the list; sometimes you are told to wait. If you ask, they'll say there aren't enough staff. There is never an apology.

They need to hire more people!

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

This is the 3rd time coming here. The first time was over a year ago, the second time was maybe 6 months ago, and the last time was Couple days ago. Not sure what has changed but the first time I went it was great. These past couple of times i wasn't impressed. Feel like the sushi menu wasn't that extravagant nor was the presentation of the special rolls we ordered. Also wasn't satisfied with the quality of the sushi itself. On top of that our waitress acted like she wanted nothing to do with us from the start. Maybe this was just their off day, but the experience before this current one wasn't that much different.

1  Thank Tobywill284