“The food was great, but was it worth the wait???”

Blue Heron Restaurant & Sushi
Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Clemson
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to Blue Heron at 7 o’clock on a Sunday evening with two other couples. We had reservations; so although it was packed, we were seated immediately. Our orders were taken quickly; and even though it was EXTREMELY noisy, we enjoyed socializing. For an hour. For two hours. Even after one of us made a visit to talk with the manager, it was another half hour before our food arrived. We each very much enjoyed the food—steak, seafood, pork chop, sushi. We would have thought a visit from the manager was in order, and instead we were brought two slices of complimentary cheese cake for the table for our long wait. Unfortunately, there is not a wide choice of restaurants in Clemson that are open on a Sunday night. Even so, Wendy’s was really looking good about 9:00!!!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

When we decided to hot Blue Heron I was a bit skeptical due to its location, as it looks like a store-front restaurant. However, once you enter, walk around and sit, much different experience. Although, a little wierd they placed us upstairs by ourselves and sat everyone else downstairs. (Me and my daughter, dressed casually) We started a calamari appetizer with okra in it. Very tasty, a bit crunchy but good. We both got a pasta dish and were pleasantly surprised with how tasty. Pasta is easy to make but also easy to screw up. Shrimp for my daughter and pancetta and sausage for me. All in all good meal. Server seemed new and unsure of menu but found answers to help us. We'd return for other items. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Service is great and helpful. Food was good. Wide variety on menu. Quiet, relaxing atmosphere. Just what we needed after a long day of driving. Highly recommend if going through the area.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

First visit. Wait staff was very good and professional. Ordered sushi which was very good. Clean as a whistle. Would recommend to anyone. Next visit will try other menu items. Thanks Brittany.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

How best to describe Blue Heron? Well, definitely has a Chart House vibe with a sushi bar. Atypical entrance as you are greeted by the bathrooms. I stopped in at 6pm for a quick bite before going to watch some baseball. Bring your AARP card, definitely a seasoned crowd. Not a college crowd hangout unless they bring mom&dad for dinner. There is a bar/dining downstairs that might cater to the 40something crowd. Overall good menu, I went for the buffalo style duck wings and dragon roll. Good eats, I will be back.