“Southern Hospitality at it's BEST!”
Review of The Abernathy

The Abernathy
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Clemson
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We were going to be on Campus for a sporting event and originally that is why I chose this hotel. Not only is this a great location, the staff and hotel is exceptional! Beautiful rooms with the friendliest staff. They have a little cafe/bar down in the lobby and I really enjoyed talking to Jessica she was great! As I checked out, Isaac was also very friendly making sure my stay was satisfactory. It exceeded my expectations. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Gary C, General Manager at The Abernathy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased you found our staff to be exceptional and that you enjoyed the rooms. The team is very happy that you had such a great experience. We appreciate you choosing The Abernathy and do look forward to your return.
Thank you!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at The Abernathy last night as we had traveled down from NC for today’s basketball game. What a wonderful hotel! Hardwood floors, great views of Clemson University, friendly staff, and a very spacious bathroom (ranked #4 on my husband’s list of hotel bathrooms, and we’ve been to many hotels as a family). We will definitely be making a return visit!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for posting such a kind review. I am very glad that you enjoyed the experience here at the hotel. Thank you for recognizing our staff and we are very flattered that you ranked our bathroom #4 on your all-time list of bathrooms! We appreciate you choosing The Abernathy, and hope when you are next in Clemson, you will give us the chance to serve you again!

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Far above the other Clemson hotels. The Abernathy is a wonderful hotel that provides you with the amenities of larger entities but with the personal touch of a boutique. If you are visiting campus this is ideal for any sporting events and for downtown - a short walk to anywhere you want to go. It is a bit difficult to get reservations during football season unless you go ahead and make them for the entire season of home games, but if you can do it - I highly advise it - they offer fantastic grill offerings and music on game days. The bar inside is reasonable and the whole hotel is spotless.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Gary C, General Manager at The Abernathy, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you for posting your review. We are so very pleased that you consider The Abernathy to be far above the other hotels in Clemson. Our team of professionals sincerely care about our guests and do all they can to create a positive experience. Thank you for choosing The Abernathy and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I just spent a week at a gorgeous hotel just a few hundred feet from Death Valley and it was amazing! The staff is all the most friendly I have met in a long time and I travel every week. They greet you with a smile, make sure all is right and make you feel most welcome! The hotel is lovely outside, the entrance is grand and the room was top rate! Hard word floors, beautiful bathroom and a robe in you forgot yours! For all my future trips I know where I will stay. From Emma who checked on my room 5 minutes after I checked in to the general manager Gary who wrote me a thank you card the second day of my stay to the gift basket from Sam....Ashley who always smiles, Spring who made me a Clemson Tigers' waffle and E.J. the friendliest bartender around! Thanks team, no wonder this is a championship campus!

Room Tip: Just stay here, all rooms are great!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Gary C, General Manager at The Abernathy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you for such a glowing review. We are extremely fortunate to have a team that truly cares about the property and our guests' experience. I know that Emma, Sam, Ashley, Spring and E.J. will be thrilled to know they have been recognized for their efforts. Most importantly, we are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing The Abernathy. We all look forward to your return!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Wonderful experience at The Abernathy. We received an awesome rate being that it wasn't a football weekend which was a bonus. The staff was extremely courteous. The accommodations were impeccable. Very clean, spacious and comfortable. The location is ideal for any activity on the Clemson campus. We cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Gary C, General Manager at The Abernathy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for posting your review. We are so glad that you found the hotel to be impeccable and the staff courteous. We appreciate you choosing The Abernathy and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again. Thank you!