“Nice Surprise”
Review of Chicken King

Chicken King
Ranked #12 of 32 Restaurants in Chester
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect, but pleasantly surprised. Folks are friendly, food is good (chicken is meaty), and prices are fair. Will definitely become one of my standards when I'm in Chester.

1  Thank Mark F

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Good large portions. Had the tenders, butterfly shrimp and fish and all were good. Friendly staff and fun to visit.

1  Thank Oscar L
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

I enjoy the food there, have never eaten inside as I always do take out. Chicken is very good but the sides are very small.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I've ordered take out and eaten in house at the Chicken King.. I've never been disappointed with their food, when I want to get my "fried food intake" for the month. however, they have very little seating. Which isn't necessarily a negative, but not a positive either. It's just that if I need food and I'm not heading home.. it's not a place I would go to to "sit down" and eat, for fear that every seat will be taken when I get there.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

This place sells the best southern fried chicken ever! Forget Bojangles and KFC! The chicken is served as ordered and cooked fresh, it is so hot you can take it home and it is still almost too hot to eat, it is crispy, not greasy at all. The fried squash is to die for!