“Great food with Awesome staff”

Vinny's Taste of Italy
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Reservations Required
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Stopped in tonight with my wife and my son. We did not have reservations and they welcomed us in like family. Our waitress was just a doll. Great attitude with the perfect recommendations. Overall... Completely Satisfied. Will definitely make the trip from Winnsboro again.

3  Thank BrianW3508

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I visited Vinny's last night with a group of friends. We had a very nice dinner.

If you're looking for ambience, this isn't the place. The restaurant is in an old gas station. The lighting is florescent. The restaurant is small. While we were there, they only had four other parties.

We were started with soft cheese that had a lot of garlic. It was quite good, but if you aren't a fan of garlic, it isn't for you. We tried to order a couple of bottles of wine off their list, but they were out. We finally broke down and selected a pretty pricey Amarone, it was very good, but a little more than we wanted to spend. Most of the people in our group ordered the Cesar salad. It was very nice, I couldn't taste anchovy at all. For entrees, most of the table ordered a ravioli stuffed with Maine lobster in a sauce that was half cream half red. It was incredibly rich and delicious. One of my friends had lasagna that was also delicious. The lasagna was not as heavy as the ravioli. I had shrimp scampi. The shrimp was cooked correctly (not over done). It was the lightest of all the meals

For dessert, we shared a slice of Italian Cream cake. It had a good flavor, but I felt it was a bit dry. I was sad that they were out of tiramisu.

Overall I enjoyed this restaurant and will go back. The wait staff is quirky and funny. You need to understand up front that like a lot of European restaurants, Vinny's is not fast food. Unfortunately, we were not able to meet Vinny as he was in Sicily. I hope to meet him the next time I go.

2  Thank MAmler
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We had a wonderful experience at Vinny's. The food was fantastic and the service was just as good. The serving size is not small (as some reviews have suggested) because we both took some home. The desserts looked fantastic. We split the cheesecake with bananas foster. One last thing. Despite what another reviewer said there is hot water in the restroom.

1  Thank leeferg2016
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Great authentic Italian food and a large selection. Reservations are needed. Vinny the owner and chef usually visits every table and waitresses address patrons by first names. I recommend the Italian crime cake for dessert - delicious!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and well practised hospitality. It was enjoyable to be personally greeted by the owner when we arrived. Our server was very cheerful and enthusiastic. The memorable experiences of the evening for us all was the comfortable booth seating and the delicious dishes on the menu. Thank you to Vinny and his team.

1  Thank Roslyn T