“Wonderful surprise!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Stick Cafe
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Just got around to dining here and so glad I did. If you like authentic Louisiana Cajun food then you are in luck! The owner is sure enough from Louisiana and has brought the recipes of a number of the world renown dishes with him to this little gem. He is a most cordial young man intent on making his restaurant a success. I had the special of the day "The Birdie Sandwich with fries and a drink for $7.95. This sandwich was delicious and quite large with a plump nicely fried chicken breast, crispy Amish Bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. The fries were hot and my coffee was freshly ground and made when I ordered it. My friend had the "Grilled Cheese and Gumbo Combo. Having been to New Orleans a number of times, she declared this the best! There was not a crumb left on the plate! I look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

Was shocked to see a Cajun restaurant in Chester SC but found this to be Gem! Had Gumbo, I can't remember the names of the other two dishes, and all was delicious. The other two dishes were a pork meatball deep fried and the other was shrimp and rice dish. Beer was cold and the folks very friendly and informative. This is the real deal. Not fancy but food is incredible.