All reviewsmurphy bedsatellite tvbeautiful parkkitchenettecabincampground
Reviewed 29 March 2018

$25 a day RV gravel sites with electric/water/picnic table and fire ring

Pros
+ Location – most sites are lake front or lake view
+ Plenty of space between sites
+ Canoes/kayaks/john boats available for rent
+ Golf Course within walking distance (great course, be sure to check it out)
+ Clean centrally located bathrooms
+ Playground for kids, several trails throughout the park
+ Fully furnished cabins available for rent
+ Good cell service (Verizon/iphone)
Cons

- WiFi was very sparse even at the main hubs (by the club house and the main office)
- Sites are not level and vary in depth greatly, double check your site length
- With only 16 sites this place is often booked up weeks in advance, be sure to plan ahead

Cheraw State Park is the oldest SP in SC, it is definitely worth swinging by for a day or booking one of the cabins/RV sites available.

Room Tip: Get a lake front site
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017

SC is in a state of emergency and I wasn't able to cancel our cabin rentals without paying a $116 cancellation fee. I can change the reservation, but not cancel it. I had no problem canceling our tee times, and the pro shop understood.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful park! One of the best golf courses in the state! Has a wonderful playground for the kids to play! We had a great time! Beautiful day and memories! My grandaughter and I also took several walks and noticed the beautiful water, flowers and trees!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017

My husband & I went there for our anniversary weekend. We wanted some quiet time, and yes it was quiet. This review is for someone that wants to know details. I love camping in our camper, just because people are nice at campgrounds, as well as you can have a fire outside at night, to cook on or to keep mosquitos away, as well as just to enjoy. We looked at the cabins because of the distance from our house for one thing, and something different. The map picture makes it look like they are close to the water - they are not, a short walk is what I was told, you cannot see the water from the cabins in the summer. They also look close the camping area - they are not. Only 4 of the cabins appeared to be rented - my personal opinion is that they are primarily for golfers, that JUST want to golf and have somewhere to sleep, there were many golfers on the course.. The grounds were very well maintained. There is a murphy bed, a futon, and two twin beds in the cabin. The murphy bed is in the living room - double size, along with the futon. The 2 twin beds are in the private bedroom - which I thought odd. The bathroom is really small. I am not a small woman and it is really small. My husband is a slender man, and he said it was small too. Kitchenette was OK. The best thing about the cabin was the screened in porch with 2 rockers. I borrowed a pillow, because they are hard, but we sit outside a lot even though it was hot. You have Dish TV, which was OK, but there was a storm in the early evening that took it out for about 30 minutes. We weren't there to watch TV necessarily anyway, and not sure I was expecting to have one. Wi-Fi access. The park appeared to be well maintained, and there were many people there in the swimming and picnic areas. The campground appeared to be full also. I guess it would depend on what you are looking for. We will go back - with our camper! Lot #8 or 15 - outstanding view of the water! If I can get back here I will post pics from phone.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMHCCHRockin
Reviewed 2 May 2017

With only 17 sites, the campground provides each camper with plenty of personal space. The lake front is very pleasant, but the highlight (for us) was the beautiful kayaking through the Cypress trees on Juniper Lake. The campground was also one of the quietest we have been to.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family