“Awesome Home away from Home”

Creekside Lands Inn
Ranked #52 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
“Awesome Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is the first time for my wife & I on Charleston, SC!! We decided to stay at Creekside Lands Inn. Glad we did!! At check in, met Deidra, the new manager, She made us feel so welcome, even on her 1st day!! The rooms are great, the staff is great, the property itself is picturesque!! Everyone should stay here!! You will not regret it!! Bring fishing pole cause they even have a dock!! Thanks for a memorable stay, we will be back!! Mark & Sharon Straubel

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank MarkStraubel
CreeksideLandsinn, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for your kind words Mr. & Mrs. Straubel!!! It was a pleasure having you here & it would be my pleasure for you to return!!! Guests like you are what keeps me going!!! =) Sincerely, Deidra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

After reading these reviews....my husband and I would call them "mixed reviews". We had no idea what we were going to walk into to. We had Room 115 just yesterday, Friday the 13th, and we were completely satisfied! The room was cozy and comfy. I would even have the pillows and lightweight blanket in my very own home. And, the rates are very reasonable...

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 115...non smoking...close to the ice machine
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HeidiTho
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

My family and I stayed at Creekside for our vacation. It was conveniently located close to downtown Charleston which was great for us since we were new to the state and city. The staff was extremely helpful in giving us tips on how to get around Charleston. The hotel itself was cozy and the rooms were great. Just right for my husband, my two kids, and myself. Breakfast was also exceptional. The people at the front desk were very friendly and willing to help when any problems came up, which seldom happened. I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank AP248
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

This was a fantastic stay for me being that I am from out of state. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who is looking for a nice place to stay in Charleston. The staff was very helpful, and curteous. Breakfast was also great. I give two thumbs up for Creekside Lands Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessica P
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

The outside is actually quite attractive, especially the creek. The rooms are a bit old and run down, but are relatively clean. The problem is that they spray the rooms with some perfume-y type of deodorizer, so the room smells like perfume. The very nice people at the front desk let us check a few other rooms, and they all had the smell, so it must just be something the cleaning crew does with every room. Now, I do have a sensitive nose, and maybe others wouldn't be bothered by it, but I want to mention it for those who might be sensitive to smells, too.

If they change their policy on this, I am sure they can mention it it a response to my review. I would certainly like them to have a successful business, especially since the people who work here are so nice. They felt bad about the problem, and all expressed that they wanted us to be happy, which means a lot in my book.

If the rooms did not have this smell, I would say its a great deal in a town where that's hard to find when it comes to hotels.

Oh, and it is about 15 minutes from downtown. Just something to keep in mind.

• Stayed December 2011