1,186 results
All reviews top floor free shuttle ashley river rooftop restaurant shuttle service breakfast buffet is historic district downtown area an older hotel folly beach front desk staff the hotel offers short drive aaron musc marsh citadel
Reviewed 27 August 2012

What a pleasant surprise at this Charleston property. Frequenting Holiday Inn's you tend to expect the same rooms and service. The staff and rooms at this Holiday Inn were exceptional. Josh greeted us with enthusiasm and helped us with all are needs. The rooms were very clean and the view was exceptional.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor and the High Spirits happy hour and food are fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Glad we exceeded your expectations! I will pass your positive comments to Josh one of our exceptional front desk agent. Like you, guest really enjoy our “Happy Hour” prices and food. Thanks again for your business!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Recently we my husband andI stayed at the holiday inn and it was much better than anything I could have imagined. When we checked in we were greeted with a glass of Champaine, the staff that checked us in were very knowlegable of the city and everything in it. All our questions were ask about what are the best places to dine and site see they told us about Cru CAfe which was fabulous. I ccould not have asked to eat at a better place. When we came back to the hotel we had some cocktail in the bar the staff there was just as wonderful.. .. I will tell all my friends about this place and they'er wonderful staff.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

I had a reservation last week at this hotel through Expedia. When we arrived at about 6PM, they had only one very smelly smoking room available, despite my booking of a non smoking room. By the time we arrived there were no vacancies, and several people were turned away while I was in the lobby. Because my wife has a severe allergy to cigarette smoke, I immediately found another room nearby. Despite this, they refused to issue me a refund for the prepaid room, and continue to dispute this even today. There was clearly still great demand for a room, so it wasn't like they weren't going to sell the room within minutes.

I consider this to be a shoddy business practice, and also intend to bring this up with Expedia and the national office of Holiday inn. I would stay away from this place at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan29556
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for your comments. When booking a reservation though a third party like Expedia, they guarantee a room but not a specific room type; this can be problematic especially on busy nights when the more desirable rooms have been reserved. We suggest booking your reservation on Holidayinn.com’s website they have the best rate guarantee and you can reserve the room that best fits your needs when traveling.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We spent $135 per night including taxes, etc. Great views right on the river, get a room on a higher floor. Was clean and quiet. The front desk people were very helpful and accommodating. One of the front desk people offered us free tickets to the PGA at Kiawah for any day we would like. You can get downtown in 5 minutes. We did not eat here but go up to the top and have a drink and enjoy the gorgeous views. Free parking in their lot. Basic room with 2 queens, bathroom was fine. Would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Happy to hear you and your family had a wonderful trip to Charleston. You are correct the views from the top of the hotel are amazing especially while you enjoy an adult beverage. Free parking and the Free shuttle to downtown are wonderful perks! – Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to stay in Charleston that was cheaper than downtown but still close to all the attractions. This place really hit the spot!!!! Upon arrival there was a man handing out glasses of champagne (it actually worked out very well since my boyfriend proposed to me later that evening.) The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. However the bathroom was a bit tight but I think that had a lot to do with the shape of the hotel being round. The restaurant on the top floor was wonderful and the breakfast buffet was pretty good and the view from up there was amazing. We will be visiting Charleston again soon and will most definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your business! Our rates are usually less than downtown hotels and we offer a Free shuttle that will take you downtown. Congratulations on the engagement! The hotel will always have a special meaning for both of you! You will have to celebrate with us each year on your anniversary. – Thanks again for your business!