2,160 results
All reviews original citadel evening reception cooked to order breakfast marion square free happy hour brick wall breakfast staff king street historic charleston within walking distance farmers market valet parking free breakfast cocktail hour location is great visitor center meeting street
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Customer service goes above and beyond to take care of you. The hotel was interesting for its look in reference to history. You couldn't have asked for more of a variety for a free breakfast. included was a free reception that was great for having a drink or snack. Great location, easy access to visitors center and free trolley. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We stayed here for a family reunion! We loved the fact that we were within walking distance from a few stores.
The shuttle service was a plus!! Takes you to/from to Tanger Outlets.
The only suggestion is to have more staff on site with busy weekends, there were several family reunions going on the same weekend and it looks as though the staff was overwhelmed at times.

Room Tip: Great Location
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Connie H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear Future_Trvl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your wonderful review! Although, we really wish you were our guest at Embassy Suites Charleston Historic, I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay at our wonderful sister property Embassy Charleston Convention Center. We will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments. Thank you for being a valued member of the Hilton Family.

Thanks!

Reviewed 17 August 2016

My wife and I stayed two nights at this hotel while visiting Old Town Charleston, SC. The hotel was originally the Citadel of South Carolina until the Citadel constructed a new facility. Hilton purchased the property with the understanding that most of the original structure would remain as originally designed. It is a very beautiful hotel to visit and spend a night or two.

Room Tip: Request a room on the second or higher floor for a good view of the well decorated atrium.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dallaservin

Dear Dallaservin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review! We appreciate your kind comments and sincerely thank you for your business. If we can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to give us a call!

Thank you!

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I am forced to stay at Hilton properties for work. I would rather be at Marriott.

However, I have grown to like the Embassy Suites. The two room suite is always nice so I don't have to work on the bed. However this hotel really needs some updating. The carpet is stained in the guest room and the couch and chair look like "early attic.". Something I would send with my college kids because it would be tossed after 4 years.

The one positive was that the staff were great!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed 13 August 2016

We loved the historic charm, ambiance, and the help from all the staff. I didn't drop something for one second before someone picked it up, smiled and thanked me for staying at their hotel.

The food was great. Made to order breakfast, reception from 5:30 to 7:30 - both awesome.

My valet service was quick and courteous

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy B
Connie H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Dear Kathy B,

We are thankful you took the time to submit your review! Our staff is topnotch and highly trained. It's important to them to ensure each of our guest have a pleasant stay. Thank you again, and hope to see you in the future!