1,085 results
All reviews harris teeter exposed beams oil paintings wine and cheese rooftop terrace high ceilings grocery store across the street spacious studio hospitality room converted warehouse wet bar cookies within walking distance foot ceilings east bay first floor continental breakfast
Reviewed 15 December 2015

A very nice hotel.Our room was a bit small but it was very comfortable and clean.The front desk attendant was very friendly and helpful.Great continental breakfast, fresh fruit , muffins ,biscuits,among other offerings and also a wine and cheese gathering in the evening

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Thank you very much for sharing this review on TripAdvisor! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed nearly everything about your visit to the Ansonborough Inn. I am glad to see that you found your room clean and cpmfortable. In regards to its size, you don't mention which room type you reserved, but we are always happy to help guests when they are deciding on room types to find the perfect "fit"--we really do have something for everyone! The hotel has eight different room types, ranging from our smallest Petite Studio room to the enormous Admiral Suite. Thank you again for posting this great review on TripAdvisor and, more importantly, thank you for choosing the Ansonborough Inn. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 December 2015

We stayed here with friends on a recent trip to Charleston. This converted old warehouse is just charming. Twenty-five foot ceilings in the spacious rooms with original oil paintings fit in with the historic feel of Charleston. The inn is within a few blocks of the market and restaurants. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was beautifully presented and had all we needed to start the day. There is also a cute pub and rooftop terrace where you can take your evening complimentary wine to enjoy the view.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review to TripAdvisor! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Ansonborough Inn and found our property to be charming. I am also happy to see that you found the location convenient and the staff in all areas to be pleasant and efficient. It is also great to read your comments about breakfast, as our hotel has limited kitchen facilities and we try really hard to provide a substantial and enjoyable breakfast for our guests. It is particularly pleasing to see that you enjoyed it. Thank you again for sharing this review on TripAdvisor and, above all, thank you for choosing the Ansonborough Inn. If you make a return visit to Charleston, I hope that we will see you again!

Reviewed 11 December 2015

My husband and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary there. We stayed in the Palmetto Suite it was beautiful and has a gas fireplace in the room. They have free breakfast and wine and cheese hour as well. I highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful review on TripAdvisor and for choosing the Ansonborough Inn for such a special occasion! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything about your visit to our hotel. It is great to know that the Palmetto Suite was the perfect room for you and that you were able to enjoy the fireplace and other amenities. Thank you again for posting this great review on TripAdvisor and, of course, thank you for choosing the Ansonborough Inn. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2015

We recently stayed for about a week in an "Executive Suite," which has a living room with wet bar and a separate bedroom. The windows in both had shutters, and since none of the views was particularly attractive, we just kept them shut. The period furnishings and art were nice and in great condition, but jarred with the wet bar and bath fixtures, which looked to be closer to early 90's vintage. The ceilings were really tall, and the room was incredibly spacious. We could live there indefinitely without feeling cramped. The room was clean on arrival and kept clean throughout our stay. We had no trouble with street noise. We were disappointed, though, with interior noise. Unfortunately, some of the other guests, perhaps more accustomed to chain hotels on the highway, seemed to find nothing amiss with yelling loudly to family members at all hours and taking over public areas for loud gatherings. The people at the front desk were uniformly friendly, competent and helpful. Breakfast was nicer than I expected and included a hot dish every day. We only were able to stop in the wine and cheese briefly on one occasion, but it was quite nice as well. The location is terrific; you can walk most places in the historic district, and for those that are a little far, Uber is everywhere. Harris Teeter is right across the street. We found the convenience of the $15 parking to justify the cost. We will return.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for sharing this review to TripAdvisor! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed nearly everything about your visit to the Ansonborough Inn. It is great to know that you were happy with so much of your time with us, including our location and the housekeeping and front desk staff. I am also so happy to find out that you were very pleased with the complimentary continental breakfast--we have a very limited prep-only kitchen and we try really hard to present a substantial breakfast that appeals to everyone. Thank you again for posting this great review on TripAdvisor and, more importantly, thank you for choosing the Ansonborough Inn. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

This hotel is probably the best experience I've ever had in a hotel in 51 years. Every last person on the staff that we met was friendly greeted us with just a good day and ask te if there was anything they could do for us the room was immaculate, not one thing out of place when we were waiting for the elevator my wife noticed there was not one a speck of dust anywhere. Not even on top of the pictures! It is very obvious from the staff and the care put into the cleaning of the rooms that this is a hotel that is cared for in a very personal level I would have given it more stars, but you only allowed to give 5

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

WOW! Thank you very much for sharing this incredibly wonderful review on TripAdvisor! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything about your visit to the Ansonborough Inn and that you were so pleased with your time with us! It is also wonderful to know that every encounter you had with our staff was superb, friendly, and welcoming. I will be sure to pass your kind remarks on to all of our employees. It really makes our day to know that we have helped make a guest's time with us pleasant! Thank you again for posting this review on TripAdvisor and, more importantly, thank you for choosing the Ansonborough Inn. I, too, hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future!