“Beautiful, full of charm”
Review of Ansonborough Inn

Ansonborough Inn
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Georgia
“Beautiful, full of charm”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I go to the Southeastern Wildlife Expedition each year in February and this is the second year in a row we have stayed in this hotel. It is absolutely gorgeous with the exposed beams, and the rooms are large, unlike a lot of Charleston Hotels. It is located next to the Harris Teeter which is very convenient. We walk to the restaurants, shopping, etc.
The staff is wonderful and I can't say enough about this place.

Room Tip: For a large room, ask for the Executive Suite
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to hear that you have chosen the Ansonborough Inn two years in a row during SEWE weekend and been pleased both times that you have visited us. We look so forward to seeing familiar faces year after year. Thanks again for wonderful review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Rock Hill, SC
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I'm used to a standard hotel chain with cookie-cutter rooms, and that's certainly not what you get at Ansonborough Inn. This place has so much character and charm, it's ridiculous! We booked the premium loft with 1.5 baths for a girl's weekend. Having the comfortable seating area was perfect because we weren't stuck hanging out on beds while chatting in the room. The furniture and decor were exceptional, and the rooftop was impressive with such great views. Staff were friendly and helpful, and having complimentary water, tea, and lemonade available throughout the day was very nice.
I enjoyed the location because you're only a couple blocks from shopping and great restaurants so you can park the car for your entire stay ($12/day), but you're far enough out to where there isn't a noise issue. I did notice a review about noise, but I'm a very light sleeper and I couldn't hear a peep. We were on the 3rd level, so maybe that made a difference.
The only somewhat negative comment I have is that the towels were fairly thin. Given the plush bedding, I would have expected the towels to have been more plush.
I intend on staying here during my next Charleston trip and will highly recommend it to friends and family. This is a great place for couples or friends.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are great because you can look down to the lobby area and see the wood beams from...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AllyBrett
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed the Ansonborough Inn. It sounds like you were in room 336, which is one of our more recently renovated rooms. We usually tell people that it is ideal for friends' weekends and family vacations and I am glad to see that you agree. Thanks again for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and I hope to see you in the future!
Greenville, N.C.
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Just wrote a long review and lost it so....bottom line here all was good Except the noise. Whether you stay on the first or third floor you will hear street noise or someone talking in normal conversational tones in the room next door. That doesn't work when someone does that from 1 to 3 am . Complaints to staff were met with a deaf ear and no compensation for lost sleep. If you want a noise free night for sleeping look elsewhere.

Room Tip: There may not be noise free one.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marthawats
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I am glad to see that you found our location, service, and cleanliness to be very good. If you choose to return to Charleston, please feel free to contact me personally and I will do my best to find you a quieter, more interior room. Thank you again for your review.
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 January 2012

In the past 2 years, we have stayed in the Ansonborough Inn 6 or 7 times and every time we have experienced consistent excellence at this hotel. In every single aspect of this hotel we have encountered professionalism; comfortable and beautiful furnishings; gracious staff; excellent complimentary breakfast, evening snacks and cookies at night! My husband just returned from two nights there while attending a Charleston conference and two friends accompanied him. His fellow travelers were just as impressed as we have always been. The welcome mat is always out, the front desk clerks are superior, the ladies who handle breakfast and evening snack are prompt, courteous and the food is always excellent and plentiful, the hotel staff is second to none with spotless rooms, immediate response to requests and always friendly. Can you tell we love the Ansonborough?

Room Tip: If traveling with another couple, a friend or children, room 336 is our favorite. It is enormous, h...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
First and foremost I cannot thank you enough for being loyal and repeat guests of the Ansonborough Inn! We love all our guests, but there is nothing like seeing a familiar face and welcoming people BACK to the Ansonborough Inn! Thanks as well for introducing other people to the hotel--we so appreciate the referrals. Please let me know if there is any why that I can assist you in the future. (Thanks as well for reviewing us on TripAdvisor!)
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We go to Charleston every spring for a nice farewell to winter. This inn is our favorite place to stay. The rooms are huge and full of character. No cookie cutter decor here. We have never been bothered by noise. The breakfast has always been very well done when we were there. The location is perfect and easily within walking distance from where you will want to go. We've stayed in other inns and B&B's in Charleston but always come back to Ansonborough.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are our favorite.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dini35
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I am delighted to hear that we have repeatedly been a highlight during your visits to Charleston. Thank you for being a loyal guest and I can't wait to see you in the future!