“Family BBQ Dinner”
Review of Smoke BBQ

Smoke BBQ
Ranked #49 of 1,015 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately they were out of ribs when we arrived however the brisket sandwich and pulled pork were delicious. The side of grits were super buttery and rich and the Mac and cheese was perfect. Good meal!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

While enjoying a week-end in Charlestown, we grabbed lunch at Smoke BBQ. We were warmly greeted by the Server and treated to a delicious lunch and drinks. We enjoyed smoked carnitas tacos and loaded fries. We will definitely return. Great food, great service, and great prices - can't beat it.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch. The prices and portions are awesome. This place came highly recommended and after going we get why. The staff was super friendly and helpful. We never felt ignored. The food was incredible and the drinks were delicious.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We weren’t really sure where to have dinner and were wandering down King St. With loads of fabulous choices in Charleston ( we also live in the south with tons of great bbq ) I am not super sure why we chose a bbq place but, there you go.
The good:
Friendly staff, decent amount of choices, pretty tender bbq.
The ‘not-so-good’:
The bbq was just average- not bad but this resteraunt only serves bbq, it is named Smoke. It should be awesome.
The sides- eh. No flavor to the mushy Mac and cheese. The collard greens .
The bbq could certainly have been moved up to almost great, if, they had amazing bbq sauces. Why only have 2 very basic/average sauces if you only serve bbq? I have been to chain bbq places with 10+ choices. I am baffled that they would be so limited. Kick-butt bbq sauces would make all the difference
If you get a platter, don’t expect any bun/bread. Odd.
All-in-all, a decent meal but not memorable

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

My husband & I were walking Historic King St just enjoying the day as a tourist. Decided to duck in to have lunch since I love BBQ. Husband doesn’t eat BBQ so he ordered a burger well done. I ordered a pulled pork plate. A few customers came in after we sat down & they sat at the bar. Two college guys came in & sat across from us. Another couple came in & sat behind us. This was ALL after we had ordered.

We were being continually told that it takes a lot longer to cook a burger well done & EVERY single one of those customers that came in AFTER us got their food before us. When the last couple got their food, I got up & told my husband that we were leaving. The waitress, Sally, insisted that our food was being plated now. I told Sally they could keep the food because everyone after us had been served already & we walked out.

I hate to say it but we wonder if we were being discriminated against because my husband had on a USMC shirt that he made. That or TERRIBLE kitchen staff that have NO clue how to timely prepare orders by allowing time for a burger to cook.

Either way, we will NEVER go back again! If there was a “zero” that’s what I would give because they don’t even deserve a 1!