All reviews art gallery wine blending rooftop bar kessler properties wine room marriott property great boutique soaking tub favorite hotel fitness room the entire hotel front desk staff pleasure of staying walk in shower meeting street loved this hotel hotel staff
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Very well designed boutique hotel by Kessler. Definitely done with style as one of the latest in the Autograph collection. However, the housekeeping services on a holiday weekend were completely disappointing. Management’s fault since we were told they were low on staffing. On Saturday we got back to the room at 3pm and the room was just as we had left it. On Sunday, it was repeated. No service until we had to call. To top it off my husband said to the house keeper ‘working hard?’ She replied ‘Hardly working’. Quite disappointing. Never heard from the manager to discuss the issue and our dissatisfaction.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Richard T, Front Office Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Yvmthomas,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. The experience you shared is not characteristic of our hotel. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that our service standards with our housekeeping team are upheld. We do apologize for the challenges you experienced in communicating your feedback to the property and look forward to any opportunity to regain your loyalty. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Charleston.

Richard Taulbee
Front Office Manager
843-722-5711

Reviewed 28 August 2018

My wife and I stayed here over our aniversary weekend. Rooms were nice and spacious, but never seemed to get cool enough for us. I understand the comments about the staff here as they are not rude just not very warm. We did the wine blending class and our host wass speictauar and a very injoyable evening. We would stay here again, becaue we are Marriott people and the great location for walking most places.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 26 August 2018

This is the second Bohemian property that I have had the pleasure of staying and it did not disappoint. Enjoyed the eclectic interiors, the boutique approach and the local take on standard menu fare. Friendly staff made check-in and check-out a breeze.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank djaungst66
Reviewed 19 August 2018

My wife and I had the good fortune to eat at the roof top restaurant. While the food was wonderful, the most memorable experience was the "Old Fashioned" cocktails. These are my favorite and I've had them all around the country over the last 50 years. The drink is a specialty and Mike the bartender made the best one I ever had. I spoke to Mike and learned this was the result of studying the cocktail and trying variations. We will definitely go back this fall, for the wonderful food, but mostly for the great cocktail.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjslms
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Was excited to stay here but the reality did not meet the expectations. Dirty dishes in the hall that didn't get picked up for over 24 hours. Also, no room service so be prepared to walk to eat. Highlight - rooftop bar - best in the city

Room tip: Drink here but don't sleep here
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kimberly M
Richard T, Front Office Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Kimberly M,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston, Autograph Collection and providing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We are excited that you were able to enjoy Eleve'. Since your experience we have made updates to ensure that we are providing consistent room service and our hallways are being cleared in a timely manor.
We value your honest feedback and look forward to an opportunity to regain your loyalty. Please contact me directly the next time you choose to visit Charleston, it would be my pleasure to oversee your next stay.

Richard Taulbee