7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$562
Hotels.comUS$562
eDreamsUS$560
Agoda.comUS$560
PricelineUS$560
Lol.travelUS$618
All reviews butler service welcome cocktail personal butler heated towel rack complimentary mini bar every morning boutique hotel hotel bar night cap breakfast in bed fabulous hotel turn down service huge bathroom breakfast is served the entire staff dinner reservations beautiful room
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Hotel was great. Just make sure you do not stay on the construction side of the building as they pick up the trash at 6:45 and start construction at 7. Service was great, bathroom fantastic and roomy, bed extremely comfortable. Will stay here again but will now ask any hotel I book if there is construction nearby and make sure I am not hearing it!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kimv993
Carlo Carroccia, General Manager at The Spectator, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Dear "kimv993",

Greetings from The Spectator Hotel, located in the heart of downtown Charleston !

I speak for the entire staff in thanking you for providing your feedback to the Tripadvisor travel community in this 5-star review! I am pleased to hear that our luxurious bathrooms, comfortable beds, and personalized service all made for a unique and memorable hotel experience.

We appreciate you as our valued guest and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. All the best to you and yours!

With sincere thanks,

Reviewed 23 February 2021

We loved this hotel. It should be rated as a solid Five Star Hotel. It was small enough to be quaint but big enough to have all the amenities of a major hotel. The Butler service was phenomenal we were brought tea every night (as we requested) and breakfast every morning. The location was perfect, a quick walk to the waterfront, the market, and amazing restaurants. They were building a hotel across the street, but we didn’t hear any construction noise. Even though the Covid-19 pandemic was still in full swing, we felt very safe as the cleaning and precautions taken were thorough. We can’t wait to go back!

Date of stay: February 2021
Carlo Carroccia, General Manager at The Spectator, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2021

Dear "954vickid",

Thank you for writing this wonderful review of The Spectator!

We are so pleased to hear that you loved stay at our luxury boutique property, as we loved hosting you! Thank you so much for complimenting us on our signature butler service, our cleanliness protocols, our ideal downtown location, and our inclusive amenities.

We can't wait to see you on your next trip to Charleston and we thank you for being our valued guest!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2021

We split our long weekend between Charleston and Savannah, and stayed at the Spectator the first night. I wish now we would've stayed there all 4 nights. By far, this hotel goes out of its way to make the guests feel like they belong and are welcome. From the welcome drink, to the room, to the way were greeted every single time we walked into the lobby - I've never found a hotel who made you feel so welcome and not just a body moving through. Our butler, basically walked us to our dinner location and then proceeded to map out 2 walking tours of Charleston, highlighting special areas. It was amazing. And again, we stayed at 2 other hotels - both of which were lovely but couldn't touch the friendliness and concentration that was put on us at the Spectator.

Date of stay: February 2021
Carlo Carroccia, General Manager at The Spectator, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2021

Dear "Ckinsey68",

Thank you for writing this 5-star Tripadvisor review!

It is so nice to know that you had a wonderful stay with us at The Spectator. Thank you very much for complimenting us on our caring and welcoming service, as we try our best to allow guests to relax and be the best version of themselves while they stay at the hotel. It is also great to hear that our inclusive amenities and our ideal downtown location were to your liking.

We appreciate you as our guest and can't wait to see you again!

Hospitably,

Reviewed 18 February 2021 via mobile

I am frequent traveler with status on Delta and through Marriott and Hilton. I am loyal to those brands because status usually results in being treated “special” and with “extra courtesy” and I value customer service. The Spectator exceeded my expectations for service. From the front desk staff, to our Butler Chuck, to Nick the night manager, and the many others we interacted with, The Spectator provided a level of TLC that I’ve never experienced before - even at a Four Seasons, Ritz, Waldorf, or St.Regis property. The closest thing to that level of attentiveness would be a Disney Cruise. Anyone who is looking for a “home away from home” in historic Charleston, I highly recommend The Spectator. A continental breakfast brought to your room, complementary snacks/sodas/waters in the room refrigerator, accommodated gluten-free food needs, arranged with me pre-checking in fir certain things, and a Butler who attends to our needs and even helped us understand their TV system - the service and experience was legendary.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank brianmeshkin

Dear "brianmeshkin"

Greetings from The Spectator Hotel, located in the heart of Charleston!

On behalf of the entire hotel team, thank you for your kind words about our luxury boutique property. We are nothing without the hard work and dedication from our colleagues - I appreciate you complimenting Chuck, Nick, and the entire team on their efforts. Your kind words will be shared with throughout the hotel, as this will continue to motivate our staff to provide exceptional service to all of our guests.

It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again. Have a great rest of your day!

Reviewed 16 February 2021

Of all the hotels I have ever stayed at, this one is by far my favorite. Hands down! The staff goes out of the way to be accommodating. The person butler service is a fantastic touch. Every staff member I passed during my entire stay stopped to greet me and wish me well for the day.

Date of stay: February 2021
Carlo Carroccia, General Manager at The Spectator, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2021

Dear "E3931IPjays"

Greetings from downtown Charleston and thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about your experience at The Spectator !

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your kind words about our luxury boutique property. We are truly honored to be called your favorite hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you and I was very much delighted to hear that our colleagues made such a positive impact on you.

If I can ever be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you for staying at The Spectator, and we hope to see you again !

With highest regards,