“Best restaurant in Charleston!”
Review of 167 Raw

167 Raw
Ranked #6 of 1,011 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I ate at 167 Raw in 2017 when we visited Charleston and couldn’t wait to visit again this year. We went twice this year (once for dinner, once for late afternoon snacks)...Without a doubt, this is the best restaurant for oysters, ceviche and tuna burger in all of Charleston! Staff is so friendly, food is fresh and delish and the flavors are exceptional! Worth the wait and highly recommended!! Can’t wait to return!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,454)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stopped in on a day wandering through Charleston just ahead of Hurricane Michael. It is a tiny place. We lucked out walking in and sitting down at the bar ahead of the lunch rush. Service and food was fantastic. We had the ceviche which was the best we’ve ever had hands down. We both ordered tacos which are street sized but not street style. We shared both shrimp and pork tacos, both of which were fantastic.

Excellent oyster selection on the board, and super friendly guys working the counter, shucking and serving them up.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I showed up at noon for lunch and were told an hour wait which was fine so we ordered food to go. I was told they didn’t have any butter that they could melt for my lobster roll or salt and pepper to go. Whoever was at the host stand, he wasn’t happy when I asking for napkins, really? I think the host was the owner or manger and had a serious attitude problem. That may work for some period of time but good food is not enough. I rather have great attitude and service with good food then a bad attitude with great food. It’s a shame given the quality of food.

1  Thank TenaciousDlite
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Guacamole with chips, shrimp tacos and crispy oysters were perfect! Drinks were spot on. They seated us in front of the chef and crew so we watched them prepare the meal. Very cool.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

This place was recommended for seafood and it didn’t disappoint. I had the Pastrami’d Swordfish on salad due to gluten sensitivities (should have been a sandwich) it was excellent!! All the wait staff was attentive and they had me taste several wines to find one I liked. The Key Lime Pie is to die for! Don’t skip it!! But the restaurant is small so expect a wait unless you come early, non-popular hours.