“Great food-great brunch”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Enjoyed our brunch at Magnolias! The highlight for me was the cinnamon roll stuffed with fresh peaches. This is definatly a higher end brunch spot-enjoyed some local fare-although more common brunch items were on the menu as well!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,581)

Reviewed 9 October 2017

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Charleston, and for us, no visit to Charleston is complete without a visit to Magnolias. We came in a torrential downpour, and parked about a block away, in a bank's parking lot. Parking is free; you just need to show the receipt from the restaurant to the attendant. The food did not disappoint, It was delicious, and the service was excellent. We shared the scallop appetizer, I had the short ribs for dinner, and my husband had the snapper. The short ribs were better than the snapper. For dessert, we shared the pecan pie.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

My husband and I ate here while in town for a wedding. The atmosphere was the perfect blend of lively and not too loud. Our server was excellent. I got the flounder which was delicious and my husband got the petite filet with crab cake--also delicious. We didn't get dessert, but the menu looked amazing!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We took brunch at magnolias. Nice formal atmosphere but with a friendly over tone. Table was comfortable and the server was attentive and helpful. We started with the chips and blue cheese which was very good. My wife had the low country Benedict and I hade the shrimp and sausage, both excellent. Price was pretty good. Only criticism would be that the portion sizes are too big, but I guess others would argue they give more value for money.
We really enjoyed Magnolias, if you can get in (best to book) you have to try it - don’t think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Wife and I visited this place during our foodie weekend in Charleston. It was very busy for dinner on a Thursday night. It's a casual place - some were dressed up but most were casual as were we - and felt comfortable. Tables are close together so it was a festive environment. Service was friendly and helpful.

Food was very good. Definitely worth the visit.