“Anniversary Dinner”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Yum! Amazing Southern cuisine, great service! New owner has not hurt things at all, had a spectacular dinner, my wife had shrimp n grits to die for; my beef tenderloin was spectacular ! Count us well served! 5 stars!

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (3,825)

Reviewed 31 July 2016

After a few days of eating on the run, this was a wonderful sit-down, high-end dining experience. The ambiance was classy, and the wait staff attentive. Expect to choose from a variety of eclectic main entrees, making it a memorable night out.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

This was the best dining experience we had this summer. We came with our 3 kids at 5:30. Everyone was very friendly to our children. There was a children's menu as well for the kids. There was a nice, extensive wine list. We had crab cakes for our appetizer, which was excellent. I had the shrimp and grits, which was amazing. My husband enjoyed the duck, and our oldest son enjoyed the scallops. The dessert was wonderful as well. The peach cobbler was amazing.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came to Charleston for our anniversary weekend and chose this restaurant as our celebratory dinner. Due to the size of the restaurant, the tables are relatively close together and it can feel like you're dining as one big family because you can't avoid hearing the conversations on each side of you. Then again, it's right in the heart of Charleston in the French Quarter. The decor is tasteful and has some nice focal points that are chic vintage. On the other hand, the fabric on the booths are dated and are in need of revamping. The booth seats are red pleather--this doesn't scream fine dining. While we treated this restaurant as a fine dining experience and dressed on the nicer side of our normal attire, a good portion of the restaurant looked as though they could have been going to Denny's with their sweat stained Nike tshirts and flip flops.

The service was fantastic. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable, but didn't crowd our evening together. She gave her personal recommendations and steered us in a good direction.

We ordered the special appetizer of blanched peppers smothered in crab hollandaise sauce. It was delicious! The crab portion was generous. We both ordered the tuna entree. I wish I could say it was amazing, but it wasn't. It wasn't bad, but it was just ok. We were told the tuna would be seared. It was more like medium with almost no pink in the middle. It is topped with a small tomato garnish. That's it. For $32 we were given just tuna. I thought it might be accompanied with a small bed of rice or vegetable, but no.

I would return to this restaurant, but I would order the Grouper or their notorious dish of Shrimp & Grits.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

It is not the cheapest place in town but you will get excellent service and superb food and drinks in a nice atmosphere for your money.