“Good pizza”

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Kitchen Hours Sun-Thurs 11AM-11PM Friday & Saturday 11AM-12AM (Bar 11AM-2AM)
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Came across this resturant tired and hungry after a long day of driving. We only like Italian style thin crust pizza and this is what we got. Hot fresh and very tasty.
For a non italian place they do pizza well.

1  Thank peter7685
Mel M, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you so much for the good review! Hopefully, we'll see you next time you are driving through Charleston!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

My family visited this place twice while vacationing because the pizza was perfect and the severs were great both times. FYI it is near a college so me, my wife and kids at times felt out of place...but no one gave a us strange vibe....all good!!

Date of visit: October 2017
Mel M, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

We like to make anyone and everyone feel at home. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We went to Mellow Mushroom because our daughters are here while we went to a fancier restaurant when we were in Charleston on Spring Break. They came back RAVING and the two of them had finished the medium pizza they ordered (I am now impressed and a little disconcerted that they accomplished that). So tonight we decided to drop in for a later dinner and were not disappointed.

The beer menu is huge, including a sour beer, which is a pretty unique thing to find on a restaurant menu. We ordered our beers and the House Special pizza, size medium. I am glad we didn't order an appetizer because we couldn't finish the pizza THOUGH I WISH WE COULD HAVE! It was delicious. I noted that the House Special has ground beef on it and this is the first time I have had a pizza with ground beef where I could both taste it
AND liked it! All of the ingredients are obviously very fresh. The crust is chewy and slightly malty? tasting. I don't know, whatever they've got going on, they're doing it right. Oh and the bacon was serious pieces of bacon (see the picture I took), not tiny little bacon bits.

It was a little noisy, but you can't blame the establishment when a huge party of like 14 people comes in and is feeling a little boisterous. Not to mention, it's a pizza place :)

I definitely recommend Mellow Mushroom. I didn't find the pizza too salty, which is sometimes my reaction to restaurant food. But for patrons who want more salt, they have salt and grated Parmesan on the table. In my opinion, the flavors of this loaded pizza are lovely and didn't need to be enhanced with too much salt.

1  Thank Pixycon
Mel M, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for the great detailed review! We really appreciate great people like you!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Very special place. You enter from the back. Climb stairs... quite hard to find for a tourist but worth it.
Pizzas are good. Team is great. And personnally I loved the music. You do not hear Kansas everywhere nowadays.
Good prices also.

Date of visit: August 2017
Mel M, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank You for the excellent review!

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I have eaten many many pizza's from lots of different places and was looking forward to eating here given the high regard fellow TripAdvisors seem to hold this place.
I was a little disappointed with the food and the waiters knowledge of the food and particularly the beer. There is a mountain of choice when it comes to beer at Mellow Mushroom, the waiter informed me that the Stella Artois is 'like a local brew maaan'
The pizzas were large but fairly bland, nothing like what I would get locally at Rudy's, 6-Cut or Davardis

Date of visit: August 2017
Mel M, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

I do apologize that you feel that way. I'm curious as to what you ordered and who your server was? The only way we can get better is learn from any mistakes we may have made. Thank you for the review. Please give us another try and I am positive that we can change your mind.