“The wrong type of service”

Charleston Crab House-James Island
Ranked #112 of 1,015 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: James Island
Description: Water front dining ---"Southern seafood and a Darn Good Time".
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited this restaurant. We were the only black family in the restaurant. We were not treated the same as everyone else. It makes me sick to see that people are still horrible. Poor customer service. Our waitress could've cared less. Never again. I'll never visit this place. Ever. The worst service I have ever encountered. Then on the way out I spoke with the manager about my experience. He seem to care less.

Date of visit: April 2018
3  Thank Jamie D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I recentlattended a conference in the Charleston area and treated like a king! The attendees were taken to the Charleston Crab House on James Island and what a treat it was the food was so good that I almost hurt myself! I'm not kidding! I didn't get to eat breakfast but I definitely made up for it. It was so good that I'll be taking the 2.5 hour drive with my wife just so she can experience it for herself. I simply had an amazing time and the food was the highlight of the evening!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Food was fresh & flavorful. I had some truly delicious grits & crab cake. My son had popcorn shrimp, which he loved. My husband had the grilled trio; shrimp, scallops & catch of the day. He said the scallops were the best he’s had in a long time.
The restaurant is on the water with beautiful views & the staff were all friendly & helpful. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We were visiting Charleston and wanted to give this place a shot. We got there at around 3 and it was not very busy at all. The waitress took real good care of us and was very good at her job. We got the stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they were really delicious. We then shared a crab pot and it was delicious as well. The food was cooked perfectly and tasted great and will definitely eat here again!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Every bit of this experience was amazing. My sister had a surprise engagement in Charleston and we had 15 people in our party. The manager was amazing in helping us to get the table ready and everyone concealed on the back deck for a huge surprise! He was so helpful in planning, orchestrating on site and we had an amazing meal and service. I seriously couldn’t recommend this place enough!!!