“Fast, friendly, good quick bite”
Review of Persimmon Cafe

Persimmon Cafe
Ranked #74 of 999 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Persimmon is a causal cafe offering gourmet sandwiches & paninis, as well as homemade sides, soups & hand spun custards. With quality ingredients and genuine hospitality we aim to give Charleston a unique cafe experience. We are located just blocks away from King St, MUSC (Medical University of South Carolina) & CofC (College of Charleston).
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Visited the PC on Calhoun street a couple of times and have not had a bad bite. The grilled cheese and the Greek sandwich are both top shelf and the sides are very tasty. You can call ahead or get delivery if you are local. Not fancy, but great for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I love this little place - it is a cafe attached to a laundromat. But the food is really great. The seating is difficult though.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I ordered a gluten-free zucchini melt from here on Monday, and it was fantastic! I could barely tell the bread was gluten-free, which is a huge compliment (gluten-free bread is usually hard and tastes like sand). I was so excited because I could have a panini safely - they clean the grill thoroughly so that there is no cross contamination, and I haven't been able to since I was diagnosed with Celiac several years ago. I also ordered the mini peanut butter and banana custard, and it was to die for! I definitely recommend this place. I know I'll be going back!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Family of 7 so the seating wasn't really for us;) but food was great! Service was quick and friendly. It is a bit weird to have the smell of laundry while your eating( not so clean on that side of the place)
Delicious food made up for it!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We had a great lunch. Buffalo chicken, grilled chicken and adult grilled cheese.. all were amazing!!! The drinks are super yummy.. vanilla lemonade!