“Wow, Not That's Southern Cooking”

Gathering Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #194 of 993 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Tues - Sat. 11 AM - 3 PM & 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM Sun. 11 AM - 3 PM Mon. 11 AM - 3 PM
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Equal parts excellent food and service, and at reasonable prices. We went to some very expensive restaurants while on vacation there and had very disappointing meals. Gathering was the best experience of our whole trip!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Been here twice and each time I was satisfied! I had the noodle dish with chicken the first time; there was much left for later. The second visit, I had the turkey wrap and oh my goodness, it was amazing! The fig spread perfectly complimented the turkey and bacon. The lemon dressing on the side salad was refreshing. I also tasted the shrimp pizza which was also delicious. Will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Everything about this restaurant was great! The ambiance, service and yes, the food. We had the guacamole w/ pita bread and salads. The Cobb salad was really tasty...mustard vinegrette dressing. The quinoa and lentil salad was really good to..with a lemon vinegrette dressing. They had delicious looking desserts..but, we were to full to try any.

My only complaint is the parking. We went there for dinner and the bar in same complex was hopping so had to parked across the street

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This is the second time I haven eaten here. Tried once before but was closed for renovation. First time they had just opened and had several nightly specials plus a wine special. Meal was excellent. Today it was down to one special and the rest of the menu wasn't much of a night out menu. We had the special. We started with the Greek salad first which was larg3 enough to share @ $10. We did not know the cost of the entre. It was a penne pasta/shrimp bowl. Had plenty of shrimp and was quite good. We had no wine or desert. The check came to $50. I would not have objected except there was no bread basket, which was greatly needed. We left with a $60 tab after tip. I will not go back. I don't mind paying but this was expensive for a fast meal, nothing slow and enjoyable about it. I miss the first visit. But Charleston has too many restaurants to be left feeling cheated

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

What a refreshing change for a breakfast menu. I had the Veggie Hash with egg on top. Spinach, red onion , sun dried tomatoes, potatoes ( white and sweet), feta and eggs over medium ( cooked perfectly). It was served with a slice of orange and watermelon that was refreshing. Hubby had the gathering cafe combo (of course he did) which was eggs and potatoes and toast and a side of bacon. He doesn't try new things. Coffee is included with that. He said everything was cooked perfectly. The coffee here is wonderful. The service was good, the server pleasant and I will recommend the Gathering Cafe to everyone.