“Good Food”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Tues - Sat. 11 AM - 3 PM & 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM Sun. 11 AM - 3 PM Mon. 11 AM - 3 PM
Reviewed 15 March 2018

This is the second time I haven eaten here. Tried once before but was closed for renovation. First time they had just opened and had several nightly specials plus a wine special. Meal was excellent. Today it was down to one special and the rest of the menu wasn't much of a night out menu. We had the special. We started with the Greek salad first which was larg3 enough to share @ $10. We did not know the cost of the entre. It was a penne pasta/shrimp bowl. Had plenty of shrimp and was quite good. We had no wine or desert. The check came to $50. I would not have objected except there was no bread basket, which was greatly needed. We left with a $60 tab after tip. I will not go back. I don't mind paying but this was expensive for a fast meal, nothing slow and enjoyable about it. I miss the first visit. But Charleston has too many restaurants to be left feeling cheated

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

What a refreshing change for a breakfast menu. I had the Veggie Hash with egg on top. Spinach, red onion , sun dried tomatoes, potatoes ( white and sweet), feta and eggs over medium ( cooked perfectly). It was served with a slice of orange and watermelon that was refreshing. Hubby had the gathering cafe combo (of course he did) which was eggs and potatoes and toast and a side of bacon. He doesn't try new things. Coffee is included with that. He said everything was cooked perfectly. The coffee here is wonderful. The service was good, the server pleasant and I will recommend the Gathering Cafe to everyone.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

It's hard to make a baked tofu beet salad something memorable, but they did just that. Easily some of the best baked tofu I've had. They were very accommodating for our little kids who were joining us. It took a while to get the food, but it was worth the wait.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Awesome service.. amazing food... Very nice little place for breakfast or lunch or dinner. Good service

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I've visited Gathering Cafe a number of times in recent years. It always has an interesting menu with super fresh ingredients. It tries to be more on the healthy side but still with good flavors and a range of choices. The menu is not voluminous but always offers several different styles of food to appeal to a wide range of diners. Where Gathering Cafe could make improvements would be to the wine list/wines offered. The intricate flavors of the food deserve a little better opportunity to pair with appropriate wines.