“Anniversary Dinner”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street and South Market
Description: SIMPLY LOWCOUNTRY: Lowcountry Bistro focuses only on the freshest ingredients since all of the food we cook is from scratch. On the menu you will find cult favorites like Chicken and Waffles to Lowcountry classics like Shrimp and Grits. We also believe that great food can be affordable. Many of our lunch dishes are under $10. Our goal as a restaurant is to serve high quality, delicious food, at a fair price. We hope you agree after your meal at Lowcountry Bistro. SISTER RESTAURANT TO 82 QUEEN As an icon of the city for over 30 years, we have seen restaurants come and go. We pride ourselves on the fact that we were one of the first original Lowcountry cuisine restaurants to open their doors in the city. We know Lowcountry and after diligently researching Market Street restaurants, have come to the conclusion that what the area needs is a true, authentic Lowcountry restaurant.
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

We were celebrating our 42nd anniversary and were told this was a great restaurant for seafood and an anniversary. Was a little disappointed in the ambiance. Nothing special. Started with a free appetizer of two cups of she crab soup that was very good. We ordered a fried oyster appetizer served on thin slices of hard bread with gorgonzola cheese, salsa and a delicious sauce. For an entree my husband ordered the jambalaya. It was rather dry and the peppers and onions would have been better if they were diced rather than hugely chunked. They dominated the flavor! I ordered the scallops which came with a shredded zucchini carrot mixture that was flavored beautifully. The scallops were large, cooked to perfection, and served on a bed of aioli sauce. I also had sweet potato fingerlings which were great tasting but could have been cooked just a little longer. A little hard for my liking. The server, Jeff, did an outstanding job.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,096)

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

We were told about a newer restaurant while in Charelston (we haven been in about 11 months). This place has amazing atmosphere and has great chicken and waffles. Had the Frogmore Stew it was amazing. A must if you visit

1  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Stopped in here after shopping in 92 degree weather for a quick lunch and to get hydrated so cannot comment on the food except for the refreshing Caesar salad and friendliness of the server. When we left she asked if I wanted a styrofoam cup of ice water to take with me, a very thoughtful and welcome offering. Pleasant atmosphere, conveniently in the historic district. Would like to return and try a southern specialty!

Reviewed 31 August 2015

In Charleston for work. Low Country Bistro was recommended by a friend. I had the she crab soup and the grilled watermelon salad. Both were wonderful. The service was great, not at all overbearing. I will definitely go back and highly recommend to others.

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

Recently went with my husband to eat here, food was great. We got fried green tomatoes for an appetizer, I got a grilled chicken spinach Salad, and he got the frogmore stew (which he is still talking about). Service was great and wait time was short. Definitely recommend