All reviews king street front desk valet parking historic downtown meeting street free trolley visitor center few blocks upper king bars and restaurants within walking distance hotel restaurant valet service the room was nice upon check city market tammy
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I start with a question. "Where were you when the Ravenel Bridge closed down on May 26 from 11AM-7:30PM? My wife and I were stuck in downtown Charleston at 11AM and were not up to a 3-4 hour ride to go home in Mount Pleasant. At around 2PM after we had lunch we decided to look into a trip home. Before we really drove into the downtown of downtown Charleston, we came across the Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown. Brand new, clean and neat and modern--it was our sanctuary for several hours and we were treated like guests. We set ourselves up in their Meeting Room bar area and Milana, the bartender/waitress/server/gal friday was as nice as can be. For the next several hours we had cocktails and eventually had a small shared dinner/appetizer--again with wine and beer--it was very good. All in all I felt as if I was a guest and, in a way, I really was--just without a room. If you want a really wonderful hotel stay, close enough to all things downtown Charleston has to offer, but want some of the peace and quiet that downtown downtown Charleston throws at you--this is one fine hotel-a wonderful value with a really friendly staff. My wife and I may not have been overnight guests but we sure felt like it.

1  Thank seymour r
Tyler D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Dear rosie1niko,

We are pleased you stopped by our property, although we wish it had been under different circumstances. That was an interesting day for all in Charleston. We thank you for stopping in and enjoying some not so enjoyable time with traffic. The Meeting Room Restaurant & Tapas Bar is a great spot to enjoy breakfast, happy hour, or dinner. Thank you again and we hope you will be back to visit us again.

Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

Milana was amazing, haven't met a nicer person who goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool is very nice. I am in the service instustry myself and it's hard to impress me, but they know your name, open doors and are very quick to greet you with a smile.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Autumnblake1229

Dear Autumnblake1229,

We thank you for choosing to stay and dine with us. We take great pride in the service delivered by our wonderful staff. Milana is one of those great staff members. We appreciate your review and hope you will be back again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

Our room was very nice and comfortable. The Bell staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the most delicious appetizers prepared by Chef Caleb Horner during happy hour! The breakfast food was very good also.
The bartender was friendly. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan V

Dear Jan V,

We thank you for your recent trip to Charleston when you experienced a Great Stay with us at the Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown. We are pleased you enjoyed some appetizers in the Meeting Room Restaurant and Tapas Bar. Our happy hour does have some great specials that we continuously update. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

Everything about this updated Holiday Inn was quite good. My only complaint was that the temperatures in the common areas and restaurant were freezing! We found this to be the case all over the South. However, the staff were very accommodating. There was no hassle over putting our motorcycles in their covered parking. A free trolley came to the front door on a frequent schedule. It's about a 1.25 mile walk into town. Perfect.

1  Thank Bkseatridr

Dear Bkseatridr,

We greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel during your trip throughout the south. It pleases us that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

This hotel thinks it is more than it is. And pretty much pulls it off. It's a Holiday Inn, but behaves with a certain noblesse oblige. Slightly off the shopping strip, close to the Palace Hotel Bar (for fans of the show, Southern Charm). High ceilings and comfortable, clean rooms. Great little pool, on the second floor. Service is very good, despite an awkward moment with two parking valet attendants both looking for a tip. Sorry, I tip once when receiving my car. In all...very good and I would return.

1  Thank Itsbeenawhile

Dear Itsbeenawhile,

We thank you for choosing our property and for your review. We set our goals high and aim to be more than just a hotel. We appreciate your comments and hope you will return to stay with us again.