“LOCAL AMERICAN ITALIAN”

Ranked #225 of 945 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locally owned Italian restaurant specializing in house made pasta dishes, hand cut steaks and chops, and fresh seafood. Open for lunch serving deli sandwiches, salads, and lunch size pasta dishes. Sunday brunch features benedicts, omelots, traditional breakfast dishes, burgers and sandwiches, salads, and our house pasta dishes.
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Return visit to this James Island Italian venue. The ambiance is comfortable with an acceptable noise level. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and effiecient. All meals were very good to excellent. Dinners included Lasagna, chicken, chicken masala, and wreck fish. Recommend and will return. Hope this helps.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful dining experience! I ordered the Tile fish, and my husband and son ordered the seafood pasta. Excellent! And be sure not to miss the Ba Da Bing shrimp. Oh my goodness!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I was in Charleston for the Eclipse and to visit friends on James Island.
The center city was out of the question as it was an overcrowded nightmare, plus it was a Sunday when many restaurants in the Charleston area close.
My friends had eaten here before and really recommended La Tabella.
This is a long established family run place with a contemporary feel and pleasant/approachable decor.
Every employee (family member?) we came into contact with was pleasant and cheerful.
Plus our waitress was very helpful and efficient.
The food is impeccably fresh and properly cooked.
Two of us had the Bada-Bing Shrimp, they were cooked just right with a nice little bite to the flavor and accompanied with pickled greens that were just the right balance to the flavor.
I had the seared scallops and shrimp over angel hair pasta. every one of the elements was on point with the pasta tossed in an obviously freshly made pesto.
One of our party shared his Spaghetti Bolognese which again was "just right".
The sauce was very obviously freshly made in house with high quality meat still shining through and not lost in the blend as is so often the case.
An unpretentious place where things are just done right.

1  Thank Tamaracboy
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent service and good, solid Italian food. Flavorful but not overpowering, we enjoyed the filet, Ba Da Bing shrimp salad, spaghetti and chicken piccata. Nothing much left on anyone's plate!

1  Thank carly_stum
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here because it was nearby to the house we rented. It was fine and I would go again in a pinch. I had the chicken piccata and the chicken was very good! Cooked perfectly. Pretty sure our waitress didn't want to be there, but she was quick with service. Overall I would say if you need a quick place to eat, this won't blow you away but it will pleasantly surprise you given the location.