“Wonderful!”
Review of The Original Charleston Walks - CLOSED

The Original Charleston Walks
More attraction details
Owner description: The Original Charleston WalksTM feature's the city's most diverse selection of thematic walking tours. Our walking tours last approximately two hours and the distance covered is usually less than one mile at an easy stop-and-go pace. We offer the greatest variety of routes, historical themes, utter historical accuracy, and the most outstanding guides in Charleston. Our staff of friendly, professional tour guides account for more years of total experience than any other walking tour company in the city. Indeed, to tour with The Original Charleston WalksTM is to experience Charleston with the best in the business - guaranteed!
indianapolis
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 5 September 2009

We decided to do many tours with this company and boy were we pleased!! My husband and I were the only ones on the tour! We got 3 personal tours around Charleston!! What made it even better is that the tour guides are local and know their stuff and they know not to cover what other tours may.... they keep to the tour.
I will use this company again if they offer tours in that town!
We took the home tour, slavery tour and the pirate tour and I would recomend all three based on what you want to see!

1 Thank penelope&skipper

Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous introduction to Charleston!”
Reviewed 6 May 2009

On a mid-April trip to the Carolina low-country we spent 3 wonderful days in Charleston, SC. While there we took two walking tours with Old Charleston Walking Tours (also known as The Original Charleston Walks), The Civil War and Slavery Tour and the History and Homes Tour. Both were fun and informative and over far too soon. We were lucky to have had Denny Styles as our guide for both of our walks - and I do mean lucky! Denny's love for his city and his breadth of knowledge of it came through with every step. He opened our eyes to Charleston's living past all around us and gracefully integrated that past with the modern day city. He happily fielded our questions as we went along and was never at a loss for answers. He even gave us a great tip for lunch where the locals eat and walked us right to the door! At the end of both tours as he was wrapping up I glanced at my watch in disblief that the tour was over. The time had just flown by! I would recommend Old Charleston Walking Tours to anyone visiting Charleston, no matter their age or abilities. Charleston is a very flat city and easy for walking. The pace set by Denny was walkable for everyone in our group, even a guest who walked via the aid of two canes. If you are the sort of person who believes that knowing what you are looking at and why will enhance your enjoyment of your vacation, then Old Charleston Walking Tours is for you!

2 Thank CSaint
oak ridge, tn
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Charleston City Overview Tour -- Loved it!”
Reviewed 11 September 2008

I took the Charleston Walks' "standard" 2 hr. walking tour of Charleston and had a great time! Our tour guide, John was very knowledgable, very patient with our questions, and since we were only a group of 3, customized our tour with the places we really wanted to see ( like the alleys and the lesser known/less travelled areas) as well as including the "can't miss" highlights. Try the 1st tour of the day at 10:30 AM before the day gets too steamy, and wear your tennies and a sun hat. I sure learned a lot, and it gave me enough info to orient myself to the town so I could then walk around on my own and know where I was. Use the $3 off internet coupon at charlestonwalks.com, or call and mention you saw the coupon and you'll get the discount.

I would highly recommend this tour as the first thing to do when you get to Charleston. You'll learn a lot and learn how to get around better. Everyone I met at Charleston Walks office on Market was exceptionally nice and helpful. Try this tour for a great intro to Charleston!

4 Thank tnillini
Sugar Land
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrible!”
Reviewed 26 May 2008

Legends and Ghosts evening tour was terrible. Unbelievable, not scary and not historical. Maybe it was our guide but this was the biggest waste of money ever!

1 Thank Chris N
East Fallowfield, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pirates & Buccaneers Tour”
Reviewed 21 April 2008

My husband and I enjoyed this tour,it was a little long. Our guide, Brian, was very knowledgeable.

This is a great tour for the HISTORY of pirates. We got to see some of the oldest buildings in Charleston, also with our walk/tour cost we received admisson to the Old Provost and Dungeon.

1 Thank jillmm