“Very comfortable and location cannot be beat”

Belmond Charleston Place
Ranked #13 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is very welcoming without cloying attention. The kids were welcome and I even saw dogs!

The rooms were very clean and the service was impeccable. We also discovered that the location was perfect for walking around Charlestown.

The only down side is that we could hear people in the corridor early in the morning; the acoustics seemed terrible that way.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,307)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We have just returned from Charleston Place. Our stay was simply Perfect. We had the standard room, and it was Lovely, with up to date furnishings and nice appointments. It was so nice. The staff was perfect. They were so helpful without being intrusive. I have stayed at other Luxury hotels were the staff was too attentive and it felt uncomfortable. So this perfect balance was greatly appreciated.

It was a very busy weekend with SEWE, and Charleston Place is a key location for the event. Yet, everything worked like clockwork and you would never have known they were that busy.
It rained and we found it necessary to call for our car during our visit...everytime our car arrived super fast and the staff was seemed to happy to get it for us.

We have been coming to Charleston once or twice a year for nearly 20 years. We have stayed at Charleston Place before and liked it. This experience as truly extraordinary, and was by far our best hotel experience in the City.

In a City as wonderful as Charleston, with soo many great places to stay and dine, the way to stand out is to be the best. Chalreston Place in my mind did that. I cannot imagine wanting to go anywhere else ever again!

Room Tip: Our room faced the front of the hotel and had a pretty view. We felt very well cared for in the sta...
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have been to Charleston Place as a family vacation,my daughters graduation,and as a romantic weekend. I usually book a suite.It gives us all the space we need to accomadate our whole family.My yougest child has a disability so space was a must.The walls are not paper thin so we all got a good night sleep. The indoor pool was grat for all of us...especially the kids.The service is top knotch.The staff is there to help you plan and make reservations as you need.The club level is the place to be.So many extras that work well..especially with kids.Club level has a great breakfast and snacks during the afternoon and evening.I am looking forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: If you have the kids definately get a suite so everyone can have some space.Even the small suites ar...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My stay at this charming, historic downtown Charleston hotel was suburb in ever way! It is a grand hotel that reeks of Southern charm. It's location to King St. shops, the Market place shops, and Meeting St. can't be topped by any other hotel. The staff were attentive and knowledgeable. My stay was simply wonderful!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

A short review: My wife and I have stayed at the Charleston Place on a few occasions over the years, even back when it was an Omni. Orient has done a good job keeping up the service levels. Our most recent stay(Feb '12) was a Club Level King and as it was our first time staying on the club level, I would certainly recommend it. Staff were very personable and certainly took care of looking after the guests. Food presentations are throughout the day and are plentiful and of good quality.
The room itself was fine, although a soft renovation would be recommended. The TV is well beyond its prime, although I wouldnt let this fray my decision on a future stay. I did find the sheets to not be of expected quality, they were quite scratchy, as were the robes. The pillows also left much to be desired, hard and lumpy.
The hotel itself is very centrally located to all the Charleston has to offer. The pool and spa on the fourth floor are great, my wife and I were the only ones using it when we were there. We also did get some treatments at the Spa which I found to be high priced and not necessarily worthy of the cost. As a local, I'd personally recommend the Urban Nirvana at the Wentworth Mansion.
All in all the hotel, lives up to a 4 star reputation, some staff interactions were better than others. The room rates are certainly not bargains, but I would recommend splurging for a Club Level room because the extra amenities make it worthwhile! Happy Travels!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple