“the tale of the $2.00 drink”

Ladles Homemade Soups
Ranked #294 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 31 May 2017

I used to really enjoy the veggie wrap here - until today! I called in to order my wrap and also ordered a drink. I was told my drink would be added at the time I came in to pick up my order. When I came in to pick up my order, I paid and was handed my bag. I told the woman I had also ordered a drink. At this, the lady in the back in the chefs hat said "oh yes - I forgot to add that to her order!" The lady at the front said oh ok - that will be $1.95. .... I had to put a separate charge of $2.00 on my card separately for a small Dr Pepper. She should have just handed me the cup! It is about how you treat your customers when you make small mistakes like that that keeps customers coming back.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

My husband and I LOVE Ladles, and pick-up on pretty much a weekly basis. The 'greek lemon chicken' soup is beyond delicious, along with sandwiches. A local favorite for sure.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a late lunch on a Friday in Lent when we wanted just a light bite, meat free. We had their XL great deal. It was a grilled cheese with a 16 oz bowl of she crab soup, drink and a very large chocolate chip cookie for $7.95, all of which we split. It was a great deal and good food which we enjoyed.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We went here for lunch. You order at the counter and they bring your entree to you. The service is fast and efficient. They had 8 soups, including chili, the day we were there. Sandwiches are also available.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

This is our first vacation to Charleston, and finding great restaurants is a given. However, sometimes we come upon them unexpectedly and that is exactly what happened when we passed Ladles while walking back from breakfast.

This location is a mainly residential street and the business is located on a lower level of a beautiful house that is being restored. Pretty from the outside but amazing on the inside! Brick walls, windows on three sides that bring in great light but it is also very well lit with ceiling track lights. This place has charm written all over it and I would love to recreate it in our area.

But it was the soup that brought us in, looking for a light lunch to hold us over until dinner. We were not disappointed. I had the tomato basil and my husband had tomato with goat cheese - one of the specials of the day. I am an avid soup maker but if I lived here I would probably be in there every day. Excellent! Please, put in a store in Trumansburg NY!!