“Excellent selection of soups”

Ladles Homemade Soups
Ranked #278 of 949 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We went here for lunch. You order at the counter and they bring your entree to you. The service is fast and efficient. They had 8 soups, including chili, the day we were there. Sandwiches are also available.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

This is our first vacation to Charleston, and finding great restaurants is a given. However, sometimes we come upon them unexpectedly and that is exactly what happened when we passed Ladles while walking back from breakfast.

This location is a mainly residential street and the business is located on a lower level of a beautiful house that is being restored. Pretty from the outside but amazing on the inside! Brick walls, windows on three sides that bring in great light but it is also very well lit with ceiling track lights. This place has charm written all over it and I would love to recreate it in our area.

But it was the soup that brought us in, looking for a light lunch to hold us over until dinner. We were not disappointed. I had the tomato basil and my husband had tomato with goat cheese - one of the specials of the day. I am an avid soup maker but if I lived here I would probably be in there every day. Excellent! Please, put in a store in Trumansburg NY!!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Ladles has a great selection of soups, sandwiches and salads. I love the Greek lemon chicken soup with the grilled gooey pimento cheese sandwich. Yummy!!

Reviewed 17 January 2017

The soups are very good but it is a little expensive beyond the half cup and half sandwich. But it is average. Your best bet here might be to take the soup home. Atmosphere is ok but not particularly welcoming. But for a small sandwich its ok.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We love Ladles! This is a great stop on the way home from work to grab a quick meal! Also a great warm treat on cool days!!! The soups are always great! Samples are handed out to help you make your decision! The 3 bowl sampler is my favorite!!!