“Can we have an “Amen” for Amen Street Fish and Raw bar.”

Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,011 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Cumblerland
Transit: Public Transit (bus) stop is located directly in front of the restaurant.
Description: Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar opened in 2009, reviving the former Amen name of Cumberland Street and restoring this historic corner. The new renovation stays true to the beauty of the original 1800's architecture while creating a comfortable atmosphere for contemporary life. Located at 205 East Bay Street in the heart of the historic district this Charleston seafood restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor dining all within walking distance of the local Market and the Charleston Harbor. The menu includes a variety of seafood dishes such as oysters, clams and shrimp in addition to an ever growing raw bar menu. Amen Street supports Charleston's local fishing industry with market fresh fish. We are open for lunch and dinner. Walk-ins are welcome and reservations are accepted as well.
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Always local catch and ingredients. Best blackened fish in town. The Tuna taco does not disappoint. Great service and fair prices. Great place for seafood lovers. We ate there at least twice a month.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,486)

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

The first time I ate at Amen it was my husband and I. We were so impressed we couldn’t wait to share this place with someone. So when my sister and mom were in town, no doubt were we were going. Good service, clean and definitely delicious food. The oyster shell chandeliers are a nice touch. I recommend the variety platter of oysters.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I shared the shrimp corn dogs. Cool idea- we liked them. For the main course, I had the scallops. Great taste. I do wish there has been a starch on the plate. My husband had the shrimp and grits- best he has had he says. We each got some wine as well.

We were near the bar which annoyingly had sports games on televisions. It didn’t suit the rest of the atmosphere so I thought that was odd, but those watching seemed to enjoy it.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Party of 8 - ordered shrimp corn dogs and baked oysters as appetizers. Shrimp corn dogs are excellent: tender, not overcooked, shrimp and fluffy corn meal blanket. Dipped into Dijon mustard - an unusual taste treat. Foe a main I had the shrimp and grits - a solid recipe, tasso gravy was not too heavy, shrimp were not overcooked, grits were flavorful & the right firm texture. Service was very good for our large table.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

We were in Charleston ten days and ate here three Times! Once for lunch, once for dinner and a late night last stop before we left. The raw clams were the best we found and the shrimp corn dog was not only something new to me it was great tasting! Everything we ate there was very good. The wait staff was great and the bar tender was friendly and professional. We would definitely visit this restaurant again! Because we were in Charleston for so long we were able to visit many restaurants and this one was at the top of the list. It was more casual than the high end restaurants we ate at but the food was just as good. If I criticized anything it would be the chairs in the dining area. Not the most comfortable. Other than that I Highly recommend Amen.