“Truly Amazing Fresh Oysters and Seafood.”

Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 944 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Cumblerland
Transit: Public Transit (bus) stop is located directly in front of the restaurant.
Description: Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar opened in 2009, reviving the former Amen name of Cumberland Street and restoring this historic corner. The new renovation stays true to the beauty of the original 1800's architecture while creating a comfortable atmosphere for contemporary life. Located at 205 East Bay Street in the heart of the historic district this Charleston seafood restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor dining all within walking distance of the local Market and the Charleston Harbor. The menu includes a variety of seafood dishes such as oysters, clams and shrimp in addition to an ever growing raw bar menu. Amen Street supports Charleston's local fishing industry with market fresh fish. We are open for lunch and dinner. Walk-ins are welcome and reservations are accepted as well.
Reviewed 23 March 2017

I am not a seafood eater, and I was overwhelmed at how good it was. We had the baked oysters AND the raw oysters. Both were succulent and fresh. I had Swordfish blackened and my husband had Corvina. Both were amazing. I wish we had been in town longer to go back a second time.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,200)

Reviewed 23 March 2017

My wife and I visited Amen St. Fish & Raw Bar for dinner. They exceeded our expectations. The food was outstanding and service was great. We would return at the earliest opportunity. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Oysters are fresh, drinks are good and the staff go above and beyond. They have several types of oysters to choose from and many items on the raw bar. I will be back!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Stopped in for cocktails- really spicy Bloody Mary-YUM!
Several varieties of oysters to taste. Good service and great location near the Market

Reviewed 22 March 2017

After tossing back a couple of drinks at the Gin Bar across the street we randomly selected Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar. We're glad we did! I started out with a bowl of She Crab soup and offered a taste to my daughter. I never got my bowl back and had to order another. It was delicious. My daughter always insists on ordering calamari even though my wife and I don't like it. It looked different as it's cut and fried in strips so I tried it and I loved it as well My wife had the dry aged filet and I had the requisite lowland Shrimp and Grits. The grits were done perfectly and I couldn't get enough of the remoulade sauce. This was definitely the best meal we had in South Carolina but was also the most expensive at $170 including a peach Bellini and a craft beer. No regrets as it was well worth it!