“Anniversary dinner”

Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,017 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Cumblerland
Transit: Public Transit (bus) stop is located directly in front of the restaurant.
Description: Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar opened in 2009, reviving the former Amen name of Cumberland Street and restoring this historic corner. The new renovation stays true to the beauty of the original 1800's architecture while creating a comfortable atmosphere for contemporary life. Located at 205 East Bay Street in the heart of the historic district this Charleston seafood restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor dining all within walking distance of the local Market and the Charleston Harbor. The menu includes a variety of seafood dishes such as oysters, clams and shrimp in addition to an ever growing raw bar menu. Amen Street supports Charleston's local fishing industry with market fresh fish. We are open for lunch and dinner. Walk-ins are welcome and reservations are accepted as well.
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

We had the pleasure of having our anniversary dinner here last night. It was absolutely wonderful from the moment we walked in. Our waitress was so nice and gave us an appetizer of fried green tomatoes on the house. They were awesome! We enjoyed fish and scallops and then had creme Brule for dessert. Again, everything was prepared to perfection. When our waitress found out it was our anniversary, she took the cost of thr dessert off the bill also. We were so pleased with the romantic atmosphere, the amazing food and the top notch service as well. It's a must visit if you're in the area. Make sure you make reservations ahead of time! Thanks Amen Street!!

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (2,506)

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Great menu options. They offer several fresh caught seafood choices each day. Full bar with great service.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Amen was so good, we are there twice during our visit. On my 1st visit we started with the Amen St. Shrimp Corndogs...sounds weird, but is really very, very good. The next course was the She-Crab Soup. It was so good (especially with the optional drizzle of Sherry) I almost picked up my bowl to lick it clean! (Note the restaurant...please serve it with crusty bread to clean the bow!) The entree was the Amen St. Boil--shrimp, crawfish, oysters, and clams swimming in a luscious buttery broth (again....please serve it with crusty bread; definitely need something to sop up the broth! My 'side' was the handcut potato fries which were excellent!

For my 2nd visit, I started with the She-Crab Soup (as did all of my companions) and it was as wonderful as my 1st visit. Two of us had the Shrimp & Grits which were very rich, but very, very good! The other entrees were the fresh grilled Black Drum, the Berry Salad, and Peel & Eat Shrimp with a side of fries. Everyone raved about their food and ate every last bite!

Reviewed 29 April 2016

We wanted a casual place to eat our first night in Charleston and found it at the Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar restaurant. I was going to have two crab cakes for my entree, but Michael, our friendly waiter said if I wanted to combine one of their salads w/one crab cake, I could 'have my cake and eat it too'.

Their oysters made my hubby happy and his fish entree was similarly delicious.

A good place to eat.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

We love this restaurant! The seafood is varied, very fresh and delicious. We often have lunch and dinner there. Clams are available and their pilau dish is very tasty. When it is very crowded, it can be a bit noisy. The wait staff was patient and willing to answer any questions. Great bar with tvs, especially handy for college sports fans when needed.